Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Requesting help with shell script Post 302531361 by Scott Post on Thursday 16th of June 2011 02:05:51 PM
Old 06-16-2011
Thank you, Corona, by going and putting addition single qoutes around the variables, I was able to get it to work.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting input and for loop

Test - Test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting full back up scripts

hi guys linux noob here wanting to learn linux scripting, i need help with a backup script that not only allows me to back up my files but restore them to my own personal directory, had a look at some of the coding from the scripts section on this site but still lost. any help is much appreciated (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie35
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

requesting available port with shell script

how do I request a new and available local port (TCP) to use with shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmylita
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Requesting a new forum

Hi admins and moderators!! Happy new year and merry Christmas :D Well, I have been here a few months now as a registered member and may be 6-7 years that I got numerous help directly and indirectly from this site as a guest. Unix.com really has a vast collection of posts on wide variety of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl scripts: requesting for logic explanation

Hi, balajesuri and durden_tyler, I have found your perl script for the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/176370-perl-script-help-me-extracting-string.html, but find it difficult to understand the syntax. Could you or any forum members kindly shed some light on the logic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

7. SCO

Requesting procedure to install SCO_UNIXWare7.1.4 on virtualbox

Sir I want to practice SCO_Unix so I want to install SCO_UnixWare7.1.4 on virtualbox so can you please suggest the procedure how to install it on virtualbox. My host Operating System is OpenSuse12.3. I am unable to run VmWare on my OS so please suggest how to install on virtualbox only. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshforu3
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help for TL1 scripting

HI Everyone, I have TL1 script which takes the temperature of a CISCO equipment through TELNET now i need to save the output of the command to a csv file . Like this is the output > RTRV-SHELFSTAT:AB1S2a::1; AB1S2a 2016-02-03 22:29:39 M 1 COMPLD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
2 Replies
nvram(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  nvram(8)

NAME
nvram - manipulate Open Firmware NVRAM variables SYNOPSIS
nvram [ -p ] [ -f filename ] [ name ] [= value ] ... DESCRIPTION
The nvram command allows manipulation of Open Firmware NVRAM variables. It can be used to get or set a variable. It can also be used to print all of the variables or set a list of variables from a file. Changes to NVRAM variables are only saved by clean restart or shutdown. In principle, name can be any string. In practice, not all strings will be accepted. New World machines can create new variables as desired. Some variables require administrator privilege to get or set. The given value must match the data type required for name. Binary data can be set using the %xx notation, where xx is the hex value of the byte. The type for new variables is always binary data. OPTIONS
-p Print all of the Open Firmware variables. -f filename Set Open Firmware variables from a text file. The file must be a list name=value statements. If the last character of a line is , the value will be continued to the next line. EXAMPLES
example% nvram boot-args="-s rd=*hd:10" Set the boot-args variable to "-s rd=*hd:10". This would specify single user mode with the root device in hard drive partition 10. example% nvram my-variable="String One%00String Two%00%00" Create a new variable, my-variable, containing a list of two C-strings that is terminated by a NUL. December 12, 2000 nvram(8)