Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Case Stmt - Need Help Urgently Post 302531196 by ctsgnb on Thursday 16th of June 2011 04:57:18 AM
Old 06-16-2011
oops -- deleted --

Last edited by ctsgnb; 06-16-2011 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: oops, i missed something ..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain the stmt

hi, Please explain the below stmt. P=1234 var1=:/a/b/c/file.dat printf "%s %s\n" "$" "${var1#?}" Output is: 1234 /a/b/c/file.dat What is #? in printf stmt? by using that the first character( : ) of "var1" variable is not displayed in output. How is that? please explain.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

2. Programming

Function Returning Value w/o return stmt

I am working on a C/Unix application from last 2 years which communicates with other systems using proprietary format of my client. We have a function written in C which returns integer, which is response from other system to the request message initiated by my system. This return value is then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpmore
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk stmt

Hi All, I have a log file as: cat error.log.tmp1 2010-07-06 23:18:34 Connection Available to xyztestftp.abc.com.my 2010-07-06 23:20:33 Connection Available to xyztestftp.abc.com.my ERROR FTP LOGIN Now I am reading this complete log file if no single occurrence of word "ERROR" (this word... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the Unix variable value in the sql stmt

Hi All I have a requirement where in I am stuck. There is a shell script that is being developed by me. It consist of the sql stmt also. I need to export a variable called HOMEPAGE with a value say www.abc.com. and then use this $HOMEPAGE variable in the sql stmt. My ultimate aim is to fetch all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if stmt argument expected error

CT=0 while read LINE do # Check to see if the LINE is non-empty, and has a <td> tag in it. if then # Increase the TD counter by 1 CT=`echo "$CT+1"` fi done <test.htmthrows this error: ksh: test: argument expected test.htm <tr> <td>text</td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Dates and SQl stmt?

hi All Please explain the below statement in RED?What does this mean? perl /HDS/common/operations/Quality_Team/Nirvana/WEEKLY_OOPS/sql_dump.pl --sql "select * from WEEKLY_REPORT order by test_case, type" --username=ddb_qa --password=ddb_qa123 --sid=pldeldb --output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SVS_2017
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem comparing String using IF stmt

Hi frnds Im facing an issues while trying to compare string using IF stmt, my code is: chkMsgName=`Service Fee Detail` if then if then if then echo "Valid File Ready for processing" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use GOTO stmt in Unix scripting?

my code does somthing like this: #!bin/ksh sqlplus / | While read id do temp=`echo $id` i = i+1 done j=0 while do --connecting to sql and executing a Stored proc for 1st id --checking for the status status = $? if error --need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RP09
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to use a case stmt in a for loop?

How can I merge the move statements with the "FOR" loop to do a move of a file right after it zips it and not wait until all of the files are zipped to move all outisde the for loop. Here is my current code: for file in `ls -rt $svdumpdir/* | grep -v '.gz$' | grep '.gtt$' ` do echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
8 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)							 xmlstarlet Manual						     XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xml <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)