Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change Date Format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change Date Format Post 302531188 by apple2685 on Thursday 16th of June 2011 04:42:36 AM
Old 06-16-2011
Bug

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

The script u have gine is not working..
i'm not familiar with AWk can u please explain the script..

i'm using solaris 10..

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change it to the date format

Hi, I want to know how to change this string to date format 20061102122042 to 02-11-2006 12:20:42 or 02-Nov-2006 12:20:42 Please let me know at the earliest.Thanks in advance. Regards, Preetham R. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change date format

I know the command date +"%Y%m%d" can change today's date to digit format as below . $date +"%Y%m%d" 20071217 it works fine . now I want to do it back . If I have a file like below, (in the file , there are three lines, and each line have ; sign , after the ; sign is the date ) , I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change the Format of a Date

Hi All, this is my second post, last post reply was very helpful. I have a data that has date in DD/MM/YYYY (07/11/2008) format i want to replace the backslash by a dot(.) so that my awk script can read it inside the C shell script that i have written. i want to change 07/11/2008 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi I have a date format in a variable as Mon Jan 11 03:35:59 2010. how do i change it to YYYYMMDD format (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change date format

Hi guys, I have a text file with lots of lines like this: MCOGT23R27815 27/07/07 27/05/09 SO733AM0235 30/11/07 30/11/10 NL123403N 04/03/08 04/03/11 0747AM7474 04/04/08 04/04/11 I want to change each line so the date format looks like this: MCOGT23R27815 07/07/27 09/05/27 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi, Please can I have some command to get yesterday in YYMMDD format? This will be used in ksh Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format change

Dear Friends, Need your help once again, I have a variable ( e.g. ${i}) whoch has date in MM/DD/YYYY (E.g. 12/31/2011) format. I want to change it to DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 31/12/2011) format. Request you to guide me as we are unable to do the same. Thanks in advance Anu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format

Hi, I have the variable "$date_update" in that form: 2011-12-31T13:00:09Z and I would like to change it to 31/12/2011 13:00:09 (Date and Time separated by a blank). Does anyone has a simple solution for that? (using Korn Shell) Cheers Jurgen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi all, I have a file that every line starts with the date and time. The format is like YYYYMMDDHHMM and I woulk like to change it to MM/DD/YY<space>HH:MM. I tried to figure out a way to do it with sed, but I don't know how I could reorganize the digits of the first format. Does anyone have any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geovas
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi, I was looking for a script to change the date from one format to other. A search in the forum gave me the below script as a result. #! /bin/ksh format=YYYYMMDD YEAR=${format%????} DAY=${format#??????} MON=${format#$YEAR} MON=${MON%$DAY} echo $MON/$DAY/$YEAR I got it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)