Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting vi question: does :q! override saves using :w ? Post 302531056 by magiling on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 07:27:10 PM
Old 06-15-2011
vi question: does :q! override saves using :w ?

story is i accidentally saved when i intended to quit. the 'w' and 'q' is button too close, so i pressed the wrong one. now, i saved changes that i don't remember all over this lengthy script.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

3. Programming

override the function in C

hi , greetings , I have one doubt reg the C functions . I have a program sample.c , in which i have function name scanf , which reads a a variable and prints the variable inside the function . this scanf is nothing to do with C library function scanf , but i would like to use only user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to override my profile

I would like to override the default profile which is loaded when the system starts or When I run a program so that profile should get loaded in the settings. Is there any system call to do so. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in a log file and saves as a new csv

Hello Im new here.I need to replace strings and change it into csv format, or at least saves the file as csv if that would work :p. Heres an example of my scenario 1) I have a log file, named abc.log, and its like a txt based file anyway, and the content looks like this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to override Classpath?

Hi, When I login to my HP-UX and fire the "set" command I see that the weblogic 9.2 classpath is already set. However, I wish to override the classpath to weblogic version 10.3 I have a script call setWLSEnv.sh that has the desired classpath. Thus, in my unix script i write .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
ttk::button(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						    ttk::button(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::button - Widget that issues a command when pressed SYNOPSIS
ttk::button pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::button widget displays a textual label and/or image, and evaluates a command when pressed. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -state -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-command command] A script to evaluate when the widget is invoked. [-default default] May be set to one of normal, active, or disabled. In a dialog box, one button may be designated the "default" button (meaning, roughly, "the one that gets invoked when the user presses <Enter>"). active indicates that this is currently the default button; normal means that it may become the default button, and disabled means that it is not defaultable. The default is normal. Depending on the theme, the default button may be displayed with an extra highlight ring, or with a different border color. [-width width] If greater than zero, specifies how much space, in character widths, to allocate for the text label. If less than zero, specifies a minimum width. If zero or unspecified, the natural width of the text label is used. Note that some themes may specify a non- zero -width in the style. WIDGET COMMAND
In addition to the standard cget, configure, identify, instate, and state commands, buttons support the following additional widget com- mands: pathName invoke Invokes the command associated with the button. STANDARD STYLES
Ttk::button widgets support the Toolbutton style in all standard themes, which is useful for creating widgets for toolbars. COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS
[-state state] May be set to normal or disabled to control the disabled state bit. This is a "write-only" option: setting it changes the widget state, but the state widget command does not affect the state option. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), button(n) KEYWORDS
widget, button, default, command Tk 8.5 ttk::button(n)