Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with OBP.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with OBP. Post 302530941 by rama krishna on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 04:41:54 PM
Old 06-15-2011
Thanks so much
Perderabo It cleared most of my doubts.....Thanks a lot again.Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:45 AM ----------

SO Perderabo can I Infer this from your above statement. Firmware upgrade means upgrading the Open Boot Program .I mean the little piece of software in eeprom. And any changes I am making at ok> I am making them in Open boot program stored in the EEPROM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP saying boot is disabled??

Hi all, need your help again :P I am trying to build a server in work, and it comes up with the OBP (Open Boot Prompt) and when i try and install the cdrom "boot cdrom -s" it throws back the following error: "System is not bootable, boot command is disabled" This is trying to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

4. Solaris

OBP search...

Hello experts... In OBP(OK prompt)... How can i know whole command if i know part of a command? Thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OBP update

hi all i am using sun blade 150 (sparc) running solaris 5.10 on that. How can i update the OBP firmware? where cai download the latest (compatible) version for this hardware? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

6. Solaris

OBP Post failing on V490

My V490 has been running solid for months and I was studying the OBP diagnostics. I enabled the following; auto-boot false diag-level max verbosoity max diag-switch max reset-all The diagnostics are erring about 5 minutes in, and it keeps reporting the same error over and over, looking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pappy52
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OBP explained.

Hi Gurus, Correct me if I am wrong. Booting an OS means loading it in memory . What is OBP in solaris. If we are typing some commands at ok> where are we actually do that. What is the difference between frimware and OBP. I know I am asking silly things but I need answers. :):) Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Other web/ftp OBP Versions

Hi, I looking for a versión from OBP Sun Netra V440, but I can only see that the file is on oracle.com and it´s necessary a number contract or CSI of the any customer for download this file :( , anyone know a site or ftp where I can download versions for Sun OBP ?, thank you very much ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0b0s
4 Replies

9. Solaris

V240 no OBP or console available

Hey guys, I recently replaced the heatsinks on two different V240's. Repasted and replaced them myself. After attempting to bring them back up, there was no display coming from the KVM. I figured it was a matter of environment in OBP and attempted to get to the OK prompt from the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielSluder
20 Replies

10. Solaris

T4-2 OBP problem

Hi can anyone help me Got a T4-2, when I try to save any enviroment varaible at the OBP for instance auto-boot false or output-device screen I get the error: Warning: Error storing configuration. No space left, check SP and other logs. Cleared the SP logs (well only ones I could find) did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies
UPDATE-MANAGER(8)                                             System Manager's Manual                                            UPDATE-MANAGER(8)

NAME
update-manager - graphical management of software packages updates SYNOPSIS
update-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
Update-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version. OPTIONS
For a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded. For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options: -h, --help Show a similar help message -c, --check-dist-upgrades Check if a new distribution release is available -d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible -p, --proposed Try to run a dist-upgrade --dist-upgrade Try to run a dist-upgrade ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION
* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop * switch to an updated sources.list entries * adds the default user to new groups if needed SEE ALSO
Synaptic, sources.list, aptitude AUTHORS
update-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file) This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. August 2, 2007 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)