Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming Post 302530736 by Loic Domaigne on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 12:45:19 AM
Old 06-15-2011
I strongly advise you to check the return code by the system calls. That way, you'll catch early error like invalid mq descriptor caused by a failed mq_open.

HTH, Loïc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

POSIX Message Queue - Settings

How can I increase the POSIX Msg Q parameter SC_MQ_PRIO_MAX? The maximum is defined as 32. Can I increase the number? If so, how? Deepa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix message Queue

Hi, I am working closly with unix message queues i have encountered the following - after creating the Q and start working with it (pushing & pulling) i receive the following stange parameters on the q's - STIME=no_entry Qnum=0 CBYTES=4140 when this happens, the Q is disabled (meaning i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

posix ipc message queue

Hello, My question is related to "pipcs -qa" command under HP-UX 11i PA-RISC 64 bits. We have a little C program that creates posix ipc message queues using the mq_open() system function. The program fail with 'No space left on device' error when we create big queues. What is the system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadanir
6 Replies

4. Linux

POSIX message queue size

Hi all, Please tell me how to change POSIX message queue maximum size? "ulimit" is not a solution because it controls shell resources. But i need to control queue size before login in and starting the shell. It is needed to limit queue size for applications started before login in. Sorry for my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
7 Replies

5. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

6. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move xml files from unix to message queue.

Hi, I need to move the XML files from the UNIX to the message queue. Please help me out to write the code.. Thanks, Mohana Krishnan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
0 Replies

8. Programming

POSIX Message Queue Memory Allocation

Hi, I wanted to know whether the POSIX message queues are statically allocated memory by the kernel based on the parameters specified in the open or as and when we send messages, memory are allocated? Does the kernel reserve the specified memory for the message queue irrespective of whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumtata
1 Replies

9. AIX

Print jobs stuck in queue

Hi, have an aix system with something I've never seen happening. All printers are not printing. I see jobs Queued and printer status as READY but jobs just keep getting queued and nothing's printing. Seems to be a system wide problem since it's affecting all printers. Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash88
2 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX message queue mq_open directory

hello, I try to test the POSIX mq_open function on book unp like below: #include "unpipc.h" # include <mqueue.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { int c, flags; mqd_t mqd; flags = O_RDWR | O_CREAT; while ((c = getopt(argc, argv, "e")) != -1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anpufeng
3 Replies
signal(3tcl)															      signal(3tcl)

NAME
signal - dynamically loadable signal handling for Tcl/Tk SYNOPSIS
signal (add|delete|print|version) [options] COMMANDS
add signo proc [-async] Adds a signal handler for signal signo through proc proc. Signals can be provided by number, or the most common ones are provided by name (e.g., SIGHUP). The proc is any Tcl procedure, and it is evaluated when the signal comes in. It will be provided no arguments. Signal handlers have Posix semantics - they persist until reset. If -async is used, the signal handler is created using Tcl_AsyncCreate(). Checks for the signal are very frequent (each evaluation) using this technique, but one doesn't know quite where evaluation is or how to handle errors in this situation. The code will evaluate the pro- vided procedure in the current interpreter if available, and in the interpreter which added the signal handler otherwise. At least until a better scheme is suggested. The -async is especially useful to interrupt "runaway" procs, or to cause a quick exit; the default mechanism simply waits for another MainLoop cycle. signal delete signo Restores handling of signal signo to the default ( SIG_DFL ). signal print Prints the handling of all signals with handlers. Formatted as signal ----> procedure or as signal !---> procedure if the signal is handled asynchronously signal print signo Prints the procedure for handling signal signo. Prints the word UNHANDLED if no signal handler is active for that signal. signal version Returns the string representing the current version of the package AUTHOR
Michael Schwartz <mschwart@nyx.net>. Tilman Kranz <tilde@tk-sls.de> patched this for wider portability on Linux Tcl Signal Extension 1.4.0.1 Tcl signal(3tcl)