Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: array variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting array variables Post 302530537 by milink on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 09:13:51 AM
Old 06-14-2011
Hi,

It works.

Now, I want the stored array values to be used as below in the further code :-

For example:

BackupFile:'prod_bkp_140611_13_30_05.txt','prod_bkp_140611_14_30_05.txt','prod_bkp_140611_15_30_05.t xt','prod_bkp_140611_16_30_05.txt'

how it can be done ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array variables

hi, how to store array values in unix? and how to access array values? can somebody help? kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting variables into a array.

Hi , Im trying to monitor 2 instancesof a process on our solaris server and trying to do a notification if the returned process size is greater than 500M. Since there are two variables returned I want to make use of arrays to check each and every variable that is stored. the issue that im facing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables/array in grep command

Hi, I have a reqmt as i have some values in array and I want to search each value in a file by grep command. Here goes my scripting: #!/bin/ksh set -A ArrayA CENTER LEFT RIGHT echo "ArrayA contains: ${ArrayAİ*¨}" grep -e "${ArrayAİ*¨}" filename.txt The above grep is working for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to store variables in an array

im looping through an array setting three variables each time (one of the variables gives me the position in the array and is incremented each loop) im trying to then set the variables to that position in the array without much luck. any ideas? anArray=`$VAR1+$VAR2+"("$pos")"` (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing variables in awk array

Hi, I am trying to sort and display the below(like) input using awk command: Input: ------ 0;A 4;A 5;A 33;A 45;A 0;B 4;B 5;B 33;B 45;B Output (desired): (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' vs. '@' in Korn Shell Array Variables

In order to use the shellcurses functions described at: Shell Curses function library I am learning about ksh, which has arrays. My trusty Kochan & Wood book says that for any Korn Shell array AR : ${AR } expands to all the defined array elements, and ${#AR } expands to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use array variables in shell

Hi, everyone. I wrote a code like this for f in HB021* do program done for f in HB034* do program done for f in HB056* do program done . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop; how to construct a array with variables

Hi everybody!! Here is the thing; I have a trouble in this simple situation, I'm trying to write an array with all the arguments of a command. I mean, if I have: ./mycommand.sh aa bb cc dd I need to take an array like this: myarray=(aa bb cc dd) So I use a simple for loop like this: for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresgom
4 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)