Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting catch a particular word from a specific line -perlscript Post 302530510 by pspriyanka on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 08:09:58 AM
Old 06-14-2011
catch a particular word from a specific line -perlscript

Hi,

App.log contains the data-
=================================================
Code:
Value of DsRef =null
Recovery File exixts
Recovered readFile 20110509 17:00:00.369019 +0100s
The DsRef Recovered from Recovery.txt file : 20110509 17:00:00.369019 +0100
Recovered from Recovery.txt file

And app.pl file contain the code-

Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
$ARGV[0]||='/home/user01/exercise/app.log';
open FX,shift;
while(<FX>) {
m/Recovered readFile (\w+)/ and do {
Date=$1;
$Date
};

}
close FX;

================================================== =
here my aim is to catch the date 20110509

and want to display Todays date="$Date"

but it gives an ERROR-
Code:
Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment at ./app.sh line 8, near "$1;"
Execution of ./app.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

please help me to run the above code and want to print the date.

Thanks in advance....

Regards ,
Priyanka

Last edited by pludi; 06-14-2011 at 10:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a word from a specific line

for example: searches only for single word for single word this is line three match=$(grep -n -e "single" data.txt) this command will stored "..... single ...... single" into search. how can i grep the single word just from line 2 only?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blurboy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge multiline into line begining with specific word

Hi, The file format is like the following. timestamp=2008-02-28-23.50.29.550675;category=CONTEXT;audit event=CONNECT; event correlator=2; database=CURDOMS;userid=inst3;authid=INST3; origin node=0;coordinator node=0; application id=AC122081.FA97.054468155029;application... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: missyou
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut first line only from a text near a specific column without cutting a word

First I have to say thank you to this community and this forum. You helped me very much builing several useful scripts. Now, I can't get a solution the following problem, I'm stuck somehow. Maybe someone has an idea. In short, I dump a site via lynx and pipe the output in a file. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Add word at specific location in line

eg . i have file x.txt contains : java coding , shell scriptting etc... now i want to add "is langauge" after word java. output should be java is langauge coding , shell scriptting etc... any idea how to use shell script to do it ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count specific word or character per line

Hi, I need help regarding counting specific word or character per line and validate it against a specific number i.e 10. And if number of character equals the specific number then that line will be part of the output. Specific number = 6 Specific word or char = || Sample data:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janzper
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

break the string and print it in a new line after a specific word

Hi Gurus I am new to this forum.. I am using HP Unix OS. I have one single string in input file as shown below Abc123 | cde | fgh | ghik| lmno | Abc456 |one |two |three | four | Abc789 | five | Six | seven | eight | Abc098 | ........ I want to achive the result in a output file as shown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansr621
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk to get specific word in line

I have http log that I want to get words after specific "tag", this a sample line from the log: 98,POST,200 OK,www.facebook.com,Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1,/ajax/updatestatus.php?__a=1,datr=P_H1TgjTczCHxiGwdIF5tvpC; lu=Si1fMkcrU2SInpY8tk_7tAnw;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: erlanq
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it?

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it. for example there is a file a.txt. $more a.txt create view as (select from ......... .......... ( select .... ( select ...... .. select only no ((( number ( select end (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch exit code of specific background process

Hi all, i hava a specific backgroud process. I have de PID of this process. At some time, the process finish his job, is there any way to catch the exit code? I use "echo $?" normally for commands. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)