Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Increase speed in linux server Post 302530491 by pradebban on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 06:32:52 AM
Old 06-14-2011
Increase speed in linux server

Hi,

Will removing space from the server increases the speed/performance.
how are they related?
please explain the relationship. thanks in advance

regards,
Pradeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Anybody Notice a Speed Increase?

Hi. I moved this site to a T3 facility and wanted to know if any of the long time users noticed a performance improvement? Thanks, Neo. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

internet speed thru gateway/server

Other than security does having a separate linux box for the intranet server and a separate one for intranet gateway effect the speed of the internet connection. We have our server and gateway on 40GB HD 256 MB RAM 1.5 GHz Intel P3 Can the server/gateway be configured for better speed?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramyar
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Tips to speed up Redhat linux machine

:confused:hi all, I run a virtual RedHat Linux 4.0 ES machine using VMWARE.I've allocated a RAM of 512Mb.Could you please provide suggestions/tips to get my machine to run faster.. Thanks in advance:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tj23
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to increase the speed of sftp

hi , i have to tranfer some 12 - 13 gb of files from one server to anothier presently i m using the SFTP but it is taking to much time to trafer the files is there any way to use increase the efficiency of SFTP. i cant use the FTP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to increase the memory utlisation of server

hi all, i need to replicate the environment of one server in another. Two servers are there A and B. i need to replicate A's environment on B. The server A's memory utlisation is 60%, whereas server B's is 15 to 20%. Can some one tell how i can increase the memory utilisation of B to reach... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to increse server lan speed in hp-ux

Hi, I've a problem in hp-ux server, i.e.how to increase Ethernet speed. i dont've time to trials on production server please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlapudi.ramu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to increase executions speed of loops.?

(2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to increase the e1000g0 interface speed in Solaris?

Hi All, Please let me know the step by step process to set the e1000g0 interface speed to 1000mbps with full duplex from 100fdx and how to disable the auto negotiation with switch?. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrungav
7 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies
cfspeed(3C)															       cfspeed(3C)

NAME
cfgetospeed(), cfsetospeed(), cfgetispeed(), cfsetispeed() - tty baud rate functions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These functions set and get the input and output speed codes in the termios structure referenced by termios_p. The termios structure con- tains these speed codes representing input and output baud rates as well as other terminal related parameters. Setting the parameters on a terminal file does not become effective until is successfully called. returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the output speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. The speed code for a baud rate of zero, is used to termi- nate the connection. If is specified, the modem control lines are no longer asserted, which normally discon- nects the line. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the input speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. RETURN VALUE
returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. and return zero upon successful completion. Otherwise, they return -1 and set to indicate the error. ERRORS
and fail when the following condition is encountered: [EINVAL] The value of speed is outside the range of possible speed codes as specified in WARNINGS
and can be used to set speed codes in the termios structure that are not supported by the terminal hardware. SEE ALSO
tcattribute(3C), thread_safety(5), termio(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
cfspeed(3C)