Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting executing commands in remote server using ssh Post 302530480 by kumaran_5555 on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 06:13:49 AM
Old 06-14-2011
what do you mean "written many commands"

if you are having list of commands to be executed, then use a script, other wise using this ssh could be hectic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing awk in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I'm trying to execute a simple awk command as follows, echo 1 2 | awk '{print $2}' This command prints the output 2. When i try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as follows, ssh user@host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with executing multiple commands in remote machine

Hi, I work on a jumpserver and I wrote a script to transfer a file from source server to destination server. #!/bin/ksh echo "\nEnter the file name:\n" read name echo "\nSelect the Source server\n" echo "1. ODS PROD " echo "2. ODS DROPBOX" echo "3. ODS STE" echo "4. ODS STE DROPBOX"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script via SSH not executing

I have worked on multiple scenarios to execute remote script via ssh. This problem I am not able to resolve. 2 linux hosts. Server1, Server2 on Server1 I have script called ~/scripts/start_standalone.sh XXXX cd $JBOSS_HOME NODENAME=xyz; IP_ADDR=`hostname`; MGMT_IPADDR=`hostname`;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project