Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Format in TCL
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users File Format in TCL Post 302530290 by sarbjit on Monday 13th of June 2011 12:24:37 PM
Old 06-13-2011
Try this

Code:
proc ls filename {
set file_newname [clock format [file mtime $filename] -format %d_%b_%Y_%H_%M_%S]
file copy -force $filename ${filename}_${file_newname}
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Handler in TCL

Hai , I Have Some x.txt file in which has the following data x.txt HI, How Are u r u fine /home/Sanju/samp.html /root/Sanju/design/sample now in tcl i have the following script set fp while { >= 0 } { puts $line ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading line from file - TCL

I Have output of ps -ef in file. while reading from file, it reads one word but i want to read the full line. Is there any way to set IFS in TCL as we set in Shell. Thanks Ajay Kumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aju_kup
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Programming

Parsing a text file in Tcl

Hi all, I need to parse through a text file searching for a specific string, then after I find this string read in remaining data off the line to a variable. I've tried various things and can't seem to get any to work. Any help would be much appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caboose57
2 Replies

8. Programming

TCL reading file

This is the code i have to read and display each line every time. please let me know the bug in this.. am not getting the output set fp set file_data close $fp set data foreach line $data { puts $data } content of abc.txt is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

9. Programming

File handling in TCL

Hi, I have n number of files in a directory with extension .PGM i need to store the full path name in a variable and only the file name with extension in another variable. Each time i'll be using the next file name for manipulation. Please help me out to do this using TCL thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call tcl function from other file !!

Hi, Can a function written in tcl in some other file be called in unix scripts ? Like this ? This is my code now--- shell.sh: #!/bin/bash tclsh snmpv2-conf-sam.tcl $SERVER $NODESYSIP $SPASSWD but i need this in a different way like , without having a .tcl file i want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
2 Replies
CHGRP(3)								 1								  CHGRP(3)

chgrp - Changes file group

SYNOPSIS
bool chgrp (string $filename, mixed $group) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the group of the file $filename to $group. Only the superuser may change the group of a file arbitrarily; other users may change the group of a file to any group of which that user is a member. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $group - A group name or number. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Changing a file's group <?php $filename = 'shared_file.txt'; $format = "%s's Group ID @ %s: %d "; printf($format, $filename, date('r'), filegroup($filename)); chgrp($filename, 8); clearstatcache(); // do not cache filegroup() results printf($format, $filename, date('r'), filegroup($filename)); ?> NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. SEE ALSO
chown(3), chmod(3). PHP Documentation Group CHGRP(3)