Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GMT -4 to determine day of week Post 302530253 by getmmg on Monday 13th of June 2011 11:03:49 AM
Old 06-13-2011
Did you tried my code?.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Function that gets the day of the week (0-6) ??

Hi , I am working at Unix system,using c lang. I need c fun which return the day of the week . For example : 0- Sunday. 1- Monday. .... 10x. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday's Day of week

I need o get yesterday's day of week but im not exactly sure. the actual name is what i want. I can do it with numbers but im not sure with words. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing First Day Of The Week?

Hi All, Our system is running on Solaris 8 and we are using US locale. By default the First Day Of Week is Sunday, is it possible for us to change it to Monday? I have googled it but found very little of use. THanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fowlerleftfoot
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Get Day of Week from date

Hi All, I have date in string format 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I want to know day of the week for this date. Example. For '2005-08-21' my script should return '0' or Sunday For '2005-08-22' it should return '1' or Monday I want piece of code for HP-UX korn shell. Appreciate reply on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpapaiya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine last day of the month

In a ksh script how do I determine if I am on the last day fo the month ? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of week from cal

Hi all, I am trying to get dow from cal using below script #! /bin/bash YEAR=`echo $1 | cut -c 1-4` MONTH=`echo $1 | cut -c 5-6` DAY=`echo $1 | cut -c 7-8` for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 do dayofweek=`cal $MONTH $YEAR | awk '$i == $DAY {printf("%s","$i")}'` echo $dayofweek... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day of the week from a string

Hi All, I need to know how to derive the day of the week by passing the value in following format: Feb 28 2010 The output I'm expecting is Sunday or Sun. I know, I can use the following code to get the day of the week. date +%a But I want to pass the value as a string. Please help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
11 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find Day of Week

In HP-UX the date command does not have the "-d" switch like some other *nixes do. I'm working a simple script to tell me, given the day, month and year what day of the week that falls on. Assuming valid day, month and year input (I'd perform quality checks on the input separately, but not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwuerth
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudoers for one day per week?

I have been volunteered by my boss to be the sysadmin for our production redhat server. He asked me to tighten the security to avoid mishaps like "rm -f *" that occured not long ago. Right now, we have 53 users sudo-ing into the machine and it is an audit nightmare. I am wondering if it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the week's day

Hi All, I have the below requirement , if i give the week number for ex 41 i need to get the date for Monday and thursday for this given week. my expected output is 13/10/2014 (Monday's date) and 16/10/2014 (Thursday's date) I am using GNU LINUX . Pls help me with your thoughts. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
7 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 0.9.7a 2000-01-31 ERR_GET_LIB(3)