Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables syntax
Special Forums IP Networking iptables syntax Post 302530199 by pludi on Monday 13th of June 2011 08:32:39 AM
Old 06-13-2011
The double dash means it's a long option (more than 1 character), and since it's a SNAT target I'd say it rewrites the source address on outgoing traffic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this syntax mean...

OK, the title is a little vague, but basically i was gonig through some files and ran into some strange syntax... heres what it looks like: ... 1&>~/<file extension> where ... is a chain of commands (the 1&>~ is part of the arguments) and the file extension is just a pointer to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DrAwesomePhD
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the syntax

export check=$(expandname $(dirname $(which $0))) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandhar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the syntax

can anyone explain the code for me... i am new to shell programming while getopts ":S:D:U:" OPTION "$@" do case $OPTION in S) SRVR=$OPTARG;; D) DB="$OPTARG"; USEDB="use $OPTARG";; U) UID=$OPTARG;; :) MISSINGOPTARG="$MISSINGOPTARG -$OPTARG";; ?) if then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandhar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the right syntax ??

IN the book below example showed find /home/tolstoy -type d -print | Find all directories sed 's;/home/tolstoy/;/home/lt/;' | Change name, note use of semicolon delimiter while read newdir Read new directory name do mkdir $newdir ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding syntax

Hi All, What does this mean ${#var} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax Help

Hi everyone, I got some code here that I've been working on, but I've gotten stuck. I cant figure out what is wrong with the syntax. sub cksum{ my $uint32_t = \buffer; my $word_count; my $bias; ( #uint32_t checksum = $bias $word_count = $bias while ($word_count>=0) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

pass syntax iptables to ipfw

Hello, excuse my English. Please could tell me how I can pass this syntax for iptables to ipfw. iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set --name thor --rdest -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flag RST RST -m state --state ESTABLISHED -m recent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot357
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

iptables: syntax from drop AND log packets

Good afternoon everyone, It's the iptables n00b again. valiantly learning and reading (and asking for occasional help when I hit a wall - which I think I just did) So far I've gotten logging enabled for iptables. Now, I want to drop AND log an IP connection attempt. Could some wise eyes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

for ... do - syntax

hi! pls help me :) cd folder for f in *; do ... done this circle takes all files from folder1 i need only .pdf files but it may be like a.pdf or a.PDF what syntax must i use? smth like it: cd folder for f in *.(pdf|PDF); do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables - similar syntax to cisco acl

Hi All, can we write iptables rules on linux in a way similar to cisco acl ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies
iptables-apply(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 iptables-apply(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] ruleset-file DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new ruleset (as output by iptables-save/read by iptables-restore) to iptables, then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new ruleset cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous ruleset after the timeout expired. The timeout can be set with -t. When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore instead. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset. -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
iptables-apply is copyright by Martin F. Krafft. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. 2006-06-04 iptables-apply(8)