Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirect input within case statement? Post 302530152 by h8mmer on Monday 13th of June 2011 05:34:12 AM
Old 06-13-2011
worked, brilliant. Smilie

cheers Scott

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement

Can anyone please tell me why this wont work! Thanks so much! #!/bin/sh for file do case $file in *.*.*) echo Cannot have more than 1 dot exit ;; *'**'*) echo Cannot have more than 1 asterisk exit ;; *'*'*|?.) echo this is a target (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeta_Acosta
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect debug statement to file?

Hi, I need to redirect the debug statements to out.txt {(set -x) >> out.txt} ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

hi all i'm writing a script and in it i need to prompt the user if the entered value is correct or not ,i wrote the following and its not working ,its executing the script even if i enter Y/N pls any help is appreciated echo "\nAre you sure you entered the right Destination Environment? y :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If or Case Statement

I want to write a program with the following variables: a=7000 b=24000 c=613.8 The user can enter two words: Vivid or Blue for example. The challenge is that the user might not want to write the words the way they appear. The user can write V or v or vivid or Vivid or write Blue or blue, or B,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ernst
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CASE statement

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. My script has a few user defined parameters. When the script runs the first thing it does is make sure that these parameters are valid. One of the parameters is called YEAR. A valid input for YEAR can be 1997-2000. One way I have come up with to ensure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

!!VERY URGENT!! Trouble in getting user input, while using under CASE statement in UNIX

i want to get user input like this please tell which option to chose 1. mango 2. tango 3. rango if user chooses mango then it should execute a set of statements and again ask like this what do you want to do 1.add 2.subtract 3.exit when i choose exit it should goto my previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble in getting user input while using CASE statement in UNIX

i want to get user input like this please tell which option to chose 1. mango 2. tango 3. rango if user chooses mango then it should execute a set of statements and again ask like this what do you want to do 1.add 2.subtract 3.exit when i choose exit it should goto my previous menu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement

Hey, guys I really need some help with a project. "Write a shell program that examines the command line arguments, counts and collects the number of options. Basically it has to collect and count the arguments that start with a "-" and the one's that don't start with a - I know I have to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk192010`
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash read input in case statement not working as expected

I'm having an issue with bash read input when using a case statement. The script halts and doesn't read the input on the first loop. if I hit enter then the scripts starts to respond as expected. Need some help here. defaultans=8hrs read -e -i $defaultans -p "${bldwht}How long would you like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
5 Replies
DB2_PREPARE(3)								 1							    DB2_PREPARE(3)

db2_prepare - Prepares an SQL statement to be executed

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_prepare (resource $connection, string $statement, [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
db2_prepare(3) creates a prepared SQL statement which can include 0 or more parameter markers ( ? characters) representing parameters for input, output, or input/output. You can pass parameters to the prepared statement using db2_bind_param(3), or for input values only, as an array passed to db2_execute(3). There are three main advantages to using prepared statements in your application: o Performance: when you prepare a statement, the database server creates an optimized access plan for retrieving data with that statement. Subsequently issuing the prepared statement with db2_execute(3) enables the statements to reuse that access plan and avoids the overhead of dynamically creating a new access plan for every statement you issue. o Security: when you prepare a statement, you can include parameter markers for input values. When you execute a prepared statement with input values for placeholders, the database server checks each input value to ensure that the type matches the column defini- tion or parameter definition. o Advanced functionality: Parameter markers not only enable you to pass input values to prepared SQL statements, they also enable you to retrieve OUT and INOUT parameters from stored procedures using db2_bind_param(3). PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid database connection resource variable as returned from db2_connect(3) or db2_pconnect(3). o $statement - An SQL statement, optionally containing one or more parameter markers.. o $options - An associative array containing statement options. You can use this parameter to request a scrollable cursor on database servers that support this functionality. For a description of valid statement options, see db2_set_option(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource if the SQL statement was successfully parsed and prepared by the database server. Returns FALSE if the data- base server returned an error. You can determine which error was returned by calling db2_stmt_error(3) or db2_stmt_errormsg(3). EXAMPLES
Example #1 Preparing and executing an SQL statement with parameter markers The following example prepares an INSERT statement that accepts four parameter markers, then iterates over an array of arrays con- taining the input values to be passed to db2_execute(3). <?php $animals = array( array(0, 'cat', 'Pook', 3.2), array(1, 'dog', 'Peaches', 12.3), array(2, 'horse', 'Smarty', 350.0), ); $insert = 'INSERT INTO animals (id, breed, name, weight) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)'; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $insert); if ($stmt) { foreach ($animals as $animal) { $result = db2_execute($stmt, $animal); } } ?> SEE ALSO
db2_bind_param(3), db2_execute(3), db2_stmt_error(3), db2_stmt_errormsg(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PREPARE(3)