Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Public file sharing on redhat Post 302530064 by getrue on Sunday 12th of June 2011 05:52:18 PM
Old 06-12-2011
#service iptables stop

#smbclient -L localhost -U% // smbclient controlled.

#useradd -s /bin/sh -g root administrator // same username with 2003DC

#smbpasswd -a administrator // // same password with 2003DC
#vi /etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = argela

security = user
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
load printers = no

[share]
comment = file server
path = /root/rpmler
valid users = administrator

admin users = administrator
read only = no
public = yes
browseable = yes

# ls -l
total 96
-rw------- 1 root root 1611 Mar 25 18:45 anaconda-ks.cfg
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 25 16:57 Desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 55367 Mar 25 18:45 install.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4010 Mar 25 18:38 install.log.syslog
drwxrwxrwx 2 administrator root 4096 Jun 3 15:54 rpmler
#

#etv/sysconfig/selinux/ // SELINUX=disabled

Smilie

THANKS EVERYBODY ITS DONE.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File sharing

I'm not sur how Im a new user (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1982
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

secure file transfer with public key

Hi, I was provided with Server IP Username and Password (worked when tested basic FTP) Public key (GnuPG v1.0.6) They refuse when I send it using basic FTP and insists for encryption. I have Solaris 10 and Linux in my environment. How can I encrypt and send them securely?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

Hello all, Just curious. I have several unix echo commands(echo Y > file.txt) running in parallel(each directs a value of 'Y' to the same file). What happens if 2 echo's collide(trying to the write to the same file at the same time)? Not sure how unix deals with this. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robert4732
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

mount windows file sharing on hp-ux

Hi all, Can anyone teach me how to mount windows file sharing on hp-ux thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantas manik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget for downloading a public file (stream) as mp4

I need a hint for using wget for getting a free content from a TV station that is streaming its material for a while until it appears on any video platform, that means no use of illegal methods, because it is on air, recently published and available. But reading the manual for wget I tried the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
5 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS