Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem accessing my domain from some computers Post 302530037 by Percyval on Sunday 12th of June 2011 12:09:45 PM
Old 06-12-2011
I'm still having problems as described above.

I can still access the domain from mobile devices and the machines on the server network, but no desktop computer outside of that. I think that I have Apache configured correctly as otherwise I would not be able to access it at all!

Is this a router issue? Could it be some setting which I have missed/not configured properly?

If any further information is required, please let me know. Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

domain name problem

Oct 8 05:01:50 servername sendmail: My unqualified host name (servername) unknown; sleeping for retry Oct 8 05:02:50 servername sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (servername) -- using short name hi, dmesg catch this error. so what is it about and what shall i rectify about it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in accessing variables outside shell

Hi, I have a shell script wherein i am doing some file operations and storing the data in some variables. I am exporting these variables as i need to use them outside shell. Then within the shell i am launching GDB session hoping that i will be able to access the exported variables in the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem Accessing disk

Basically I´m Absolutely New to Opensolaris (Started Using It This Morning), I´m Following A Tutorial On How To Access NTFS Partitions. Device Driver Utility Finds It And Says Everythings Fine With It DISK : ST3160022ACE Capacity : 160G Driver ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xXCanisLupusXx
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with accessing Samba shares on external (NON-DOMAIN) webserver(s)

Hi all, You may have seen my recent topic, where I asked for help getting some samba shares to work on our network. Now that these are working, I move on to the next hurdle! We have a few externally hosted (Windows Server 2008 R2) web servers which are not on our domain, but can still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgreen81
0 Replies
ATALKD(8)							   Netatalk 2.2 							 ATALKD(8)

NAME
atalkd - AppleTalk RTMP, NBP, ZIP, and AEP manager SYNOPSIS
atalkd [-f configfile] [-1] [-2] DESCRIPTION
atalkd is responsible for all user level AppleTalk network management. This includes routing, name registration and lookup, zone lookup, and the AppleTalk Echo Protocol (similar to ping(8)). atalkd is typically started at boot time, out of /etc/rc. It first reads from its configuration file, /etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf. If there is no configuration file, atalkd will attempt to configure all available interfaces and will create a configuration file. The file consists of a series of interfaces, one per line. Lines with `#' in the first column are ignored, as are blank lines. The syntax is interface [ -seed ] [ -phase number ] [ -net net-range ] [ -addr address ] [ -zone zonename ] ... Note that all fields except the interface are optional. The loopback interface is configured automatically. If -seed is specified, all other fields must be present. Also, atalkd will exit during bootstrapping, if a router disagrees with its seed information. If -seed is not given, all other information may be overriden during auto-configuration. If no -phase option is given, the default phase as given on the command line is used (the default is 2). If -addr is given and -net is not, a net-range of one is assumed. The first -zone directive for each interface is the ``default'' zone. Under Phase 1, there is only one zone. Under Phase 2, all routers on the network are configured with the default zone and must agree. atalkd maps ``*'' to the default zone of the first interface. Note: The default zone for a machine is determined by the configuration of the local routers; to appear in a non-default zone, each service, e.g. afpd, must individually specify the desired zone. See also nbp_name(3). ROUTING
If you are connecting a netatalk router to an existing AppleTalk internet, you should first contact your local network administrators to obtain appropriate network addresses. atalkd can provide routing between interfaces by configuring multiple interfaces. Each interface must be assigned a unique net-range between 1 and 65279 (0 and 65535 are illegal, and addresses between 65280 and 65534 are reserved for startup). It is best to choose the smallest useful net-range, i.e. if you have three machines on an Ethernet, don't chose a net-range of 1000-2000. Each net-range may have an arbitrary list of zones associated with it. EXAMPLES
Below is an example configuration file for a sun4/40. The machine has two interfaces, ``le0'' and ``le1''. The ``le0'' interface is configured automatically from other routers on the network. The machine is the only router for the ``le1'' interface. le0 le1 -seed -net 9461-9471 -zone netatalk -zone Argus atalkd automatically acts as a router if there is more than one interface. FILES
/etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf configuration file BUGS
On some systems, atalkd can not be restarted. SEE ALSO
atalkd.conf(5) Netatalk 2.2 06 Sep 2004 ATALKD(8)