Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk with or and not operator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk with or and not operator Post 302530033 by yazu on Sunday 12th of June 2011 11:26:06 AM
Old 06-12-2011
Try
Code:
awk -F '/' '{ if ($2!="30" && $2!="31") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat

or
Code:
awk -F '/' '{ if !($2="30" || $2="31") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk returning "[: ==: unary operator expected"

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting and right now I am just limited to using the pre-written scripts. I am in to Infrastructure management where we use different scripts to get the information passed on to the monitoring tools. I am trying to use this script to get the information about the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theamrit
2 Replies

2. Programming

new operator

Hi, Please clear the 2 questions, 2 Questions, 1) Why the new as a operator? Is there any special reason why it can't be a function like malloc? 2) How are we considering sizeof(),new are as a opearartors? I know + - * / -> , . etc.. are operators, which criteria satisfied by sizeof()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

OR operator syntax question in AWK script

Hi guys, I confused about syntax used in OR script as follow: I have this sample file separated by "|" containing: January|Month No. 1 February|Month No. 2 March|Month No. 3 April|Month No. 4 May|Month No. 5 June|Month No. 6 July|Month No. 7 August|Month No. 8 September|Month No. 9... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

+= operator

im new to bash scripting and im just using online tutorials and trial and error. i wanted to write a script to read numbers from a file and find their sum: #!/bin/bash theSum=0 for line in $(cat numbers.txt) do let "theSum = theSum + $line" echo "$line" done echo "The sum is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrolux444
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help - Comparison Operator problem

Hi, I've tried searching through the forum but I've drawn a blank so i'm going to post here. I'm developing a number of checks on a CSV file, trying to find if any are greater than a max limit. I'm testing it by running it from a command line. The file I'm testing has 8 records. When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tmart
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk if statement / equals operator

Hi, I was hoping someone could explain this please :) I'm using bash, scientific linux... and I don't know what else you need to know. With awk '{ if( 0.3 == 0.1*3) print $1}' file.dat nothing will be printed since apparently the two numbers do not equate. (Using 0.3 != 0.1*3 is seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golpette
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - output comming strange: for operator ~ and == .

Hi awk experts, I am getting a strange output , may be it is normal but I am unable to comprehend, When Using == operator it is showing correct: # ls -l | awk '{for (i=0;i<=NF;i++) if ( $i =="info" )print $1,$6,$7,$8,$9}' drwx------ Jan 17 10:44 info But When using ~ (equal )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error with awk ternary operator

split($7,a," "); date = a; time = a split(date,d,"/"); month = sprintf("%02d",d); day = sprintf("%02d",d); year = 2000 + d % 100 split(time,t,":"); hour=t; min=t hour >= 12? { hour=hour-12; amPm=" PM" } : amPM=" AM" hour == 0? hour=12 time=sprintf("%02d",hour)":"sprintf("%02d",min)amPm ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me out use OFMT operator in awk programming

Hi While calculating the sum of 6 and 7 fileds it is calculate the wrong value because of floating point like 7898778.10 awk ' BEGIN { FS = OFS = "|" } NR == 1 { next } { UX = $1 OFS $3 OFS $4 OFS $5 p1 +=$6 p2 +=$7 } END { for(i in UX) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using like operator in awk if condition

Hello All, I have developed a script which selects a particular filed from a file ,trims it,searches for a particular pattern and then mail it when found. cat test_file.txt |sed -n '5,$p'|sed -e 's/ //g'|awk -F'|' '{if ($4 !="Alive") print $1,$2,$3,$4}' >> proc_not_alive.txt It is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies
IO::AtomicFile(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::AtomicFile(3)

NAME
IO::AtomicFile - write a file which is updated atomically SYNOPSIS
use IO::AtomicFile; ### Write a temp file, and have it install itself when closed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->close || die "couldn't install atomic file: $!"; ### Write a temp file, but delete it before it gets installed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->delete; ### Write a temp file, but neither install it nor delete it: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->detach; DESCRIPTION
This module is intended for people who need to update files reliably in the face of unexpected program termination. For example, you generally don't want to be halfway in the middle of writing /etc/passwd and have your program terminate! Even the act of writing a single scalar to a filehandle is not atomic. But this module gives you true atomic updates, via rename(). When you open a file /foo/bar.dat via this module, you are actually opening a temporary file /foo/bar.dat..TMP, and writing your output there. The act of closing this file (either explicitly via close(), or implicitly via the destruction of the object) will cause rename() to be called... therefore, from the point of view of the outside world, the file's contents are updated in a single time quantum. To ensure that problems do not go undetected, the "close" method done by the destructor will raise a fatal exception if the rename() fails. The explicit close() just returns undef. You can also decide at any point to trash the file you've been building. AUTHOR
Primary Maintainer David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com). Original Author Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com). President, ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). REVISION
$Revision: 1.2 $ perl v5.12.1 2005-02-10 IO::AtomicFile(3)