Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trap signal on Window Manager "X" button clicked? Post 302529990 by achenle on Saturday 11th of June 2011 11:02:53 PM
Old 06-12-2011
The process receives an XEvent, not a signal, and it's shut down by the event handler code in something like XtAppMainLoop().
This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"trap" password expiration message

The majority of the users on our system are "captured" users where they log into script that is launched via their .profile. The password expiration message flashes by very quickly before they get the "menu" portion of the script to continue. Other than a sleep at scripts startup to slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Linux

By angle-brackets/"pipe" button doesn't work?

How can I configure it? I have a swedish keyboard with swedish keyboard setting. Everything works perfectly (едц) except that button. What can be wrong? /Richard ++ NOTE: It seems like the computer notices the input but that the button isn't assigned to anything (the keyboard-cursor stops).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix "trap" command behaviour

Hi I am using "trap" command in my script to prevent the user from running Ctrl-C during the its execution. My script creates number of children processes which in turn create some children processes as well during the execution. When user / tester tries to run Ctrl-C, the parent process is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap triggered by "wrong parenthesizes" ?

I have following traps(s) in my code Line 913 triggers one of the traps with parenthesizes around (case-insensitive). Checked by removing them. Since it is a text I do not mind removing the offending () . But why it triggers both traps ? PS Where does the "bad" in trap... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
RAISE_DEFAULT_SIGNAL(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   RAISE_DEFAULT_SIGNAL(3)

NAME
raise_default_signal -- raise the default signal handler LIBRARY
System Utilities Library (libutil, -lutil) SYNOPSIS
#include <util.h> int raise_default_signal(int sig); DESCRIPTION
The raise_default_signal() function raises the default signal handler for the signal sig. This function may be used by a user-defined signal handler router to ensure that a parent process receives the correct notification of a process termination by a signal. This can be used to avoid a common programming mistake when terminating a process from a custom SIGINT or SIGQUIT signal handler. The operations performed are: 1. Block all signals, using sigprocmask(2). 2. Set the signal handler for signal sig to the default signal handler (SIG_DFL). 3. raise(3) signal sig. 4. Unblock signal sig to deliver it. 5. Restore the original signal mask and handler, even if there was a failure. See signal(7) for a table of signals and default actions. The raise_default_signal() function should be async-signal-safe. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The raise_default_signal() function may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the functions sigemptyset(3), sigfillset(3), sigaddset(3), sigprocmask(2), sigaction(2), or raise(3). SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigprocmask(2), raise(3), signal(7) HISTORY
The raise_default_signal() function first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
September 25, 2007 BSD