Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: non-gui editor
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users non-gui editor Post 302529928 by drl on Saturday 11th of June 2011 10:39:20 AM
Old 06-11-2011
Hi.

See the tables at page Comparison of text editors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GUI help

I am running Solaris 9 os on a sparc 64. I installed netscape 7 and it works just fine. However on the desktop when you click web browser is still brings up netscape 4. How can i make the web browser link on the desk top open version 7 instead of 4? Thanks, Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gui?

Do you guys work with Python? I'm just learning now but GUI seems like a way cool program it is just really wierd... I have version 4.2. you can download it for free off the site... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blacidic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to use for non-X GUI??

Has anybody ever needed to make a GUI (but really old-school style like dialog) to do some menu-based configurations... quite literally I have been bashing out code in Python using an interface class to the Dialog program in Linux... but it doesn't really have all the callback menu-driven... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a GUI without GUI

I was wondering if it is possible to run a GUI window (say Firefox) without actually showing up the window on the desktop but still make it do its own regular stuff (like maybe do something via the command line). Sorry if its a dumb question. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gui

hi unix expert what does mean the blew sentences? and what does i do for this? ( i want to install dropbox in centos) "I was just experimenting with Flatpak apps, and Dropbox is available as a Flatpak. Installing that way was super easy -- installed gnome-software (which has Flatpak... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
2 Replies
GIT-COLA(1)							    Git Manual							       GIT-COLA(1)

NAME
git-cola - A highly caffeinated git GUI SYNOPSIS
git cola [options] DESCRIPTION
git-cola is a powerful git GUI written in Python. It has many unique features that make git's advanced features simple and accessible. See below for a full list of options and usage information. OPTIONS
--classic Launch the standalone cola classic tool. -g, --git-path Specifies the path to the git binary. --prompt Prompt for a git repository instead of auto-detecting it in the current directory. -r, --repo=<path> Run git-cola on the git repository in <path>. Defaults to the current directory. -s, --style=<style> Launch git-cola with a different stylesheet. -v, --version Print the git-cola version and exit. GUI STYLES
git-cola ships with an alternate "dark" stylesheet. Specify --style=dark or provide an external stylesheet with --style=PATH. CONFIG VARIABLES
cola.savewindowsettings Whether git-cola should remember its window settings. cola.fontdiff Specifies the font to use for git-cola's diff display. cola.classicdockable Whether to create a dock widget with the Cola Classic tool. Defaults to false to speedup startup time. gui.diffcontext The number of diff context lines used and displayed by git-cola gui.editor The default text editor is controlled by gui.editor. The config variable overrides the EDITOR environment variable. gui.historybrowser Specifies the history browser to use when visualizing history. diff.tool The default diff tool to use. merge.tool The default merge tool to use. user.email Your email address to be recorded in any newly created commits. Can be overridden by the GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL, GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL, and EMAIL environment variables. See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1]. user.name Your full name to be recorded in any newly created commits. Can be overridden by the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME and GIT_COMMITTER_NAME environment variables. See linkgit:git-commit-tree[1]. See linkgit:git-config[1] for more details. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
EDITOR Specifies the default editor to use. This is ignored when the git config variable gui.editor is defined. GIT_PYTHON_TRACE When defined, prints git commands and status to the terminal. Print more information when set to the value full. GIT_COLA_TRACE When defined, git-cola outputs the git commands it executes into the Command Output log viewer. SOURCE
A git-cola development repository can be obtained via git: git clone git://github.com/davvid/git-cola.git GUI THEMES
git-cola ships with an alternative stylesheet called dark. You can use this stylesheet by running git cola --style=dark. You can also skin git-cola by providing your own Qt stylesheet. E.g. git cola --style=/path/to/style.qss. Built-in styles can be found in /usr/share/git-cola/styles. LINKS
git-cola homepage http://cola.tuxfamily.org/ git-cola sources on github http://github.com/davvid/git-cola SEE ALSO
linkgit:git-difftool[1] Compare changes using common merge tools. linkgit:gitk[1] The git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git-cola's Repository Visualize actions. GIT
git-cola is independently developed from the linkgit:git[7] suite, but you can use it just like any other git command, e.g. git cola. AUTHOR
Written by David Aguilar <davvid@gmail.com[1]>. NOTES
1. davvid@gmail.com mailto:davvid@gmail.com Git 09/01/2011 GIT-COLA(1)