Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trouble with snmpwalk script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers trouble with snmpwalk script Post 302529858 by chancho on Friday 10th of June 2011 05:06:22 PM
Old 06-10-2011
That makes sense, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble with script

I'm having a little trouble finishing up this script any help would be great. My system is SCO OpenServer Enterprise System (ver 5.0.5m) and i'm using sh This script checks todays date and goes and downloads a file with yesterdays date in the name. ---start---- Server="ipaddresshere"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snmpget/snmpwalk for dskPercent not working.

snmpwalk -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent. Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. Failed object: UCD-SNMP-MIB::dskPercentNode snmpget -v1 -c myname {ip address} dskPercent.1 Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-SNMP v5.4 - sub-id not found in log, but can query with snmpget and snmpwalk

Hi everyone, I'm configuring Net-SNMP v5.4 on Solaris 10, sending traps to OpenNMS 1.2.9-0.20061212.0. I'm setting up disk monitoring (% of space free) for 5 directories. Here's what I'm working with: (snmpd.conf - disk and monitoring portions) # # Disk Usage monitoring: # disk / 20%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

snmpwalk on solaris 8

hello, I want to know how can I find the path of snmpwalk under sun solaris 5.8. I have snmp protocol installed.when I write this on a terminal I have this result: bash: snmpwalk: command not found but when I wrote this command At a distance,it works good. urgent please help me thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamou23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

snmpwalk timeout

can somoene please tell me how to tell snmpwalk how many seconds it has to timeout? i searched the web for this but i can't find it. i'm incorporating this into a script, and I'd like to have snmpwalk timeout within a certain amount of seconds. the -t option doesn't seem to work because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpwalk or maximum connection

what is the simplest command to check if a server already reached it's maximum connection? ( regardless if it's database, mail, etc). system: solaris (9/20) machine: sparc/x86 thanks, larey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

unix script trouble

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi I am new to unix and need some help, the main reason I am here is because i need basic unix knowledge The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krolike
2 Replies

8. AIX

NET-SNMP not responding to snmpwalk

We are using net-snmp on AIX 5.3 TL12 with CACTi for monitoring. Recently we are facing a problem. When we start net-snmp the snmpwalk to the localhost is working. But after a few minutes the snmpwalk gives a timeout to localhost. The snmp process is running. We recently upgraded the TL on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wibhore
1 Replies

9. AIX

snmp genError with snmpwalk

Hi Admins, I am new member here. I am using IAX 5.3 trying to configure snmpv3. Conf file /etc/snmpdv3.conf contents given below VACM_GROUP group1 SNMPv1 public - VACM_GROUP group1 SNMPv1 sbmviking - VACM_VIEW defaultView internet - included -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with SNMPWALK

Hi when I do the SNMPwalk, it doesn't seem to work. Please advice what I am doing wrong? On my snmpd.conf file, I have this. rocommunity badboy xx.x.x.x # Traverse Server Also I have MIB files under /usr/share/snmp/mibs # service snmpd status snmpd (pid 23756)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies
scsi_arq_status(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				       scsi_arq_status(9S)

NAME
scsi_arq_status - SCSI auto request sense structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
When auto request sense has been enabled using scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and the "auto-rqsense" capability, the target driver must allocate a sta- tus area in the SCSI packet structure for the auto request sense structure (see scsi_pkt(9S)). In the event of a check condition, the transport layer automatically executes a request sense command. This check ensures that the request sense information does not get lost. The auto request sense structure supplies the SCSI status of the original command, the transport information pertaining to the request sense command, and the request sense data. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_status sts_status; /* SCSI status */ struct scsi_status sts_rqpkt_status; /* SCSI status of request sense cmd */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_reason; /* reason completion */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_resid; /* residue */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_state; /* state of command */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_statistics; /* statistics */ struct scsi_extended_sense sts_sensedata; /* actual sense data */ sts_status is the SCSI status of the original command. If the status indicates a check condition, the transport layer might have performed an auto request sense command. sts_rqpkt_status is the SCSI status of the request sense command. sts_rqpkt_reason is the completion reason of the request sense command. If the reason is not CMD_CMPLT, then the request sense command did not complete normally. sts_rqpkt_resid is the residual count of the data transfer and indicates the number of data bytes that have not been transferred. The auto request sense command requests SENSE_LENGTH bytes. sts_rqpkt_state has bit positions representing the five most important statuses that a SCSI command can go obtain. sts_rqpkt_statistics maintains transport-related statistics of the request sense command. sts_sensedata contains the actual sense data if the request sense command completed normally. SEE ALSO
scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 scsi_arq_status(9S)