Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers looking for xpadmin - Xerox printer tool Post 302529758 by golfguy043 on Friday 10th of June 2011 10:22:18 AM
Old 06-10-2011
looking for xpadmin - Xerox printer tool

Hello, I am trying to find the Xerox Printer config tool used for configuring Xerox printers on HPUX servers. We referred to it as "xpadmin". It is an older program and i have not been able to track it down. If anyone knows where i might find a copy it would be of great benefit...

thanks

PS or anything new i am not aware of that is used for configuring Xerox printers on HPUX servers...

thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to batch & print hpgl files to xerox device

have electronic files from customer with .gl extension; are hpgl files originating from Unix. Need utility to open, batch and print in directory order on xerox docutech. Any ideas? Help greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theresa
5 Replies

2. AIX

Printing across subnets (Xerox)

All, I have a pSeries 550 and several Xerox printers I need to print to from there. I can define the printers via the Xerox "xpadmin" utility for all the machines locally (in my building, .244.xxx subnet), but if I go to a different subnet (say .131.xxx) I can not apply any changes. I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to install Xerox Phaser 3117 on FC13

I have Fedora Core 13 installed on my PC. Another PC running windows XP is on my network and has a Xerox Phaser 3117 Printer connected to it. My PC detects the Network printer but at the last step is not able to install it. I have downloaded the driver from Official Xerox site. A screenshot of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksingh
0 Replies
printers.conf(5)						    Apple Inc.							  printers.conf(5)

NAME
printers.conf - printer configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The printers.conf file defines the local printers that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is generated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printers are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Printer name> ... </Printer> Defines a specific printer. <DefaultPrinter name> ... </Printer> Defines a default printer. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. DeviceURI uri Specifies the device URI for a printer. ErrorPolicy abort-job ErrorPolicy retry-current-job ErrorPolicy retry-job ErrorPolicy stop-printer Specifies the error policy for the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. PortMonitor monitor Specifies the port monitor for a printer. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS printers.conf(5)