Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to put variable date from SQL Script Post 302529749 by radoulov on Friday 10th of June 2011 09:54:43 AM
Old 06-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cero
Hi,

Oracle offers the sysdate function that returns the current date. If the datatype of "availableat" is date you can rewrite your query:
Code:
select value,count(*) as totalcount from pmowner.pinpebasev where trunc(availableat) = trunc(sysdate)  group by value;

Consider that if the column availableat is indexed (with a single column index or is in the leading part of a multi-column index) and there's no FBI on it, using the same function (trunc), your version of the query will perform a full table scan of the mowner.pinpebasev table (or underlying table, if mowner.pinpebasev is a view).

Last edited by radoulov; 06-10-2011 at 11:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL loader script - ORACLE environmental variable

I am new in unix.. I am running a sql loader script where I have to specify the data file path but the file name contains spaces in it so giving error multiple arguments I have tried it with "" and '' but does n't work the command is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandip Dey
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put date range from a perl & sql script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable date to an sql scipt? Basically I want to assign a 7 days date range. As shown below.. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use Env qw(ORACLE_HOME); my $SQLPLUS='/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/bin/sqlplus -S... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Script to use variable value from input file

Here is the requirement, When I run the "run file KSH (sql)", it should substitute '${pCW_Bgn_DT}' with 201120 and '${pCW_End_DT}' with 201124 Input File ---------- $ cat prevwk.dat 201124 20110711 run file KSH (sql) ------------------ In this file, I want to use the variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanrice
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script variable $1 used with put command

I have the following script used, i am new to shell scripting. tryign to understand. in the put $BASE_FOLDER/$base_name holds which path. What does it mean by $1 second path in put command is it constructing this path: /user/hive/warehouse/stage.db/$1 what is $1 holding in above path. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
DB2_STATISTICS(3)							 1							 DB2_STATISTICS(3)

db2_statistics - Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_statistics (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table-name, bool $unique) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema that contains the targeted table. If this parameter is NULL, the statistics and indexes are returned for the schema of the current user. o $table_name - The name of the table. o $unique - An integer value representing the type of index information to return. o $0 - Return only the information for unique indexes on the table. o $1 - Return the information for all indexes on the table. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the statistics and indexes for the base tables matching the specified parameters. The rows are composed of the following columns: +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | The catalog that contains the table. The value is | | | NULL if this table does not have catalogs. | | | | | TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema that contains the table. | | | | | TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table. | | | | | NON_UNIQUE | | | | | | | An integer value representing whether the index | | | prohibits unique values, or whether the row rep- | | | resents statistics on the table itself: | | | | | | box, tab (|); c | c | . T{ Return value | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |0 (SQL_FALSE) | | | | | | | The index allows duplicate values. | | | | |1 (SQL_TRUE) | | | | | | | The index values must be unique. | | | | | | | | NULL | | | | | | | This row is statistics information for the table | | | itself. | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ INDEX_QUALIFIER T} |T{ A string value representing the qualifier that would have to be prepended to INDEX_NAME to fully qualify the index. T} T{ INDEX_NAME T} |T{ A string representing the name of the index. T} T{ TYPE T} |T{ An integer value representing the type of information contained in this row of the result set: +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Return value | | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0 (SQL_TABLE_STAT) | | | | | | | The row contains statistics about the table | | | itself. | | | | |1 (SQL_INDEX_CLUSTERED) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a clustered | | | index. | | | | | 2 (SQL_INDEX_HASH) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a hashed | | | index. | | | | | 3 (SQL_INDEX_OTHER) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a type of | | | index that is neither clustered nor hashed. | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ ORDINAL_POSITION T} |T{ The 1-indexed position of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ COLUMN_NAME T} |T{ The name of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ ASC_OR_DESC T} |T{ A if the column is sorted in ascending order, D if the column is sorted in descending order, NULL if the row contains statistics informa- tion about the table itself. T} T{ CARDINALITY T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of unique values in the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of rows in the table. T} T{ PAGES T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the table. T} T{ FILTER_CONDITION T} |T{ Always returns NULL. T} SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_spe- cial_columns(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_STATISTICS(3)