Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed with complicated variable pattern Post 302529683 by pravintse on Friday 10th of June 2011 03:56:24 AM
Old 06-10-2011
Great. yes michael. It worked, my issue was getting value from environments variable svar4.
Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning complicated input to a variable

I cannot seem to correctly assign this line of code to a variable: HITS=`pwd`/csv/LightningProbability30minAlignmentErrorTable_*.csv | sed 's/,/ /g' | awk '{print int(100*$5)}' | wc This does not work. I tried surrounding it in backticks, but I think the backticks in `pwd` is messing it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigtor77
10 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Complicated SED search required

Hi All, I'm trying to extract all the description fields from a MIB file which contain multiple instances of the following text: ENTERPRISE compaq VARIABLES { sysName, cpqHoTrapFlags, cpqSsBoxCntlrHwLocation, cpqSsBoxCntlrIndex, cpqSsBoxBusIndex,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing complicated CSV file with sed

Yes, there is a great doc out there that discusses parsing csv files with sed, and this topic has been covered before but not enough to answer my question (unix.com forums). I'm trying to parse a CSV file that has optional quotes like the following: "Apple","Apples, are fun",3.60,4.4,"I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analog999
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

complicated date stamp pattern

Hi, I have a log file which contains lines like below: 2010-07-19 07:13:19,021 ERROR system ...(text) 2010-07-19 07:22:03,427 ERROR system ...(text) class com... (text) 2010-07-19 07:23:19,026 ERROR system ...(text) class com... (text) each line is a separate line... I am given the a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match exclusive return pattern/variable

I have an application(Minecraft Server) that generates a logfile live. Using Crontab and screen I send a 'list' command every minute. Sample Log view: 2013-06-07 19:14:37 <Willrocksyea1> hello* 2013-06-07 19:14:41 <Gromden29> hey 2013-06-07 19:14:42 Gromden29 lost connection:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gatekeeper258
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in sed to find specific pattern and assign to variable

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a particular pattern when the pattern is defined in a variable?

I have a file Line 1 a Line 22 Line 33 Line 1 b Line 22 Line 1 c Line 4 Line 5 I want to delete all lines before last occurrence of a line which contains something which is defined in a variable. Say a variable var contains 'Line 1', then I need the following in the output. ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed with pattern using variable

Dear Community; I have a long xml file (100k+ lines) with patterns like below: <OfferDefinition Id="123"> <Type>Timer</Type> <Description>Test Text1</Description> <MajorPriority>95</MajorPriority> <SelectableInPolicy>0</SelectableInPolicy> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
10 Replies
ME 
TV(1) Me TV Manual ME TV(1) NAME
me-tv - a digital television (DVB) viewer for GNOME SYNOPSIS
me-tv [-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [-s|--safe-mode] [-m|--minimised] [--disable-epg] [--disable-epg-thread] [--no-screensaver-inhibit] [--devices] [--read-timeout] [--display=DISPLAY] DESCRIPTION
Me TV is a GTK desktop application for watching digital television services that use the DVB standard. Me TV works with DVB-T/C/S and ATSC cards that have kernel driver support. Me TV uses the xine video player to render its output onto its video window. Me TV reads the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data that is transmitted over the air to populate a built-in program guide which can be used for scheduling recordings. Me TV has a built-in scanner which can autoscan certain countries or use an initial scan file. OPTIONS
-?|--help Show help options. -v|--verbose Show verbose output. -s|--safe-mode Show the preferences dialog an don't show video upon start. -m|--minimised-mode Show minimised in notification area at startup. --disable-epg Stops the rendering of the EPG event buttons on the UI. --disable-epg-thread Disable the EPG thread. Me TV will stop collecting EPG events. --no-screensaver-inhibit Tells Me TV not to call the screensaver Inhibit/UnInhibit methods for GNOME Screensaver. --devices Only use the specified frontend devices. You can specify more than one device by using a comma or colon separator. (e.g. --devices=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1) --read-timeout How long to wait (in seconds) before timing out while waiting for data from demuxer (default 5) --display=DISPLAY X display to use AUTHOR
Michael Lamothe (2007-2011) <michael.lamothe@gmail.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Michael Lamothe <michael.lamothe@gmail.com>. 1.3.6 2011-01-20 ME TV(1)