Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in retrieving the ending line numbers of the functions Post 302529651 by bartus11 on Friday 10th of June 2011 02:44:16 AM
Old 06-10-2011
Try:
Code:
awk '/\(\)/&&i==0;/{/{i++}/}/&&i--&&i==0' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line ending with '}" to new line

Hello masters. I have a rather simple problem but its been killing me. I have a file "x" with only 1 line inside it. The line looks something like Now this is only part of the line. Its actually about 4000 characters. What i need to do is whenever there is a "}", i need to append the next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieving command line arguments of a particular PID

hi The "ps" command shows the command line arguments of running processes: $ /bin/ps -o pid,args -e .... 26031 pico /tmp/crontab2KaG1Y 596 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m 9955 xterm -n 1 -sb -sl 800 -g 80+70+70 2627 /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd -a 1691 .... I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving random numbers out of a text file

Hi one and all, I'm working on a Bash script that is designed to calculate how much IP traffic has passed through a port to determine traffic volume over a given amount of time. I've currently been able to use the netstat -s command coupled with grep to write to a file the total packets... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving data from 65th col (of each line) ?

Hello Friends, I am in situation where I have to note down few SQL queries from specific hexdump format. Here is an example (the query text starts at 65th character on each line) ---------------------- 0x000007FEB0E701C0 : 7365 6C65 6374 2063 7573 746E 6F2C 2020 select custno, ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunusernewbie
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from a line in text file

Hi, I am new to Unix/ksh script and will like to check how do I retrieve just the count of '258' in the last line in a text file ? There will be this "TRL" appended with number of count at the last line in a text file . TRL0000000258 var=`grep 'TRL' $HOME/folder/test.txt | wc -l` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving line number from grep

Hi. im trying to retrieve the line number from grep. i have 1 part of my code here. grep -n $tgt file.txt | cut -f 1 -d ":" when i do not cut the value i have is 12:aaa:abc:aaa:aaa:aaa how can i store the value of 12 or my whole line of string into a variable with grep? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: One_2_three
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting files ending in numbers with "sort"

I have a group of files that I need to be sorted by number. I have tried to use the sort command without any luck. ls includes* includes1 includes10 includes11 includes12 includes2 includes3 includes4 includes5 includes6 includes7 includes8 includes9 I have tried ls includes*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pring starting and ending numbers using UNIX

Hi all, I need to do scrip for printing starting and ending numbers along with count in given file.:wall: Input: a.txt 10000030 10000029 10000028 10000027 10000026 10000024 10000023 10000021 10000018 10000018 10000017 10000016 10000015 10000014 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackbell2013
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove '.' from file for numbers ending in '.'

Hi, I have numerous files which have data in the following format A|B|123.|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16.|33.45|AC.|45. I want to remove decimal point only if it is last character in a number. O/p should be A|B|123|Mr.|45.66|33|zz L|16|33.45|AC.|45 I tried this sed -e 's/.|/|/g' Problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)