Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script for sorting out an input Post 302529595 by Tuxidow on Thursday 9th of June 2011 05:30:23 PM
Old 06-09-2011
Perl script for sorting out an input

Code:
     <order>10.08.0</order>
      <order>11.02.0</order>
      <order>11.02.1</order>
      <order>11.02.2</order>
      <order>11.02.4</order>
      <order>11.02.5</order>
      <order>11.02.6</order>
      <order>11.04.0</order>
      <order>11.04.1</order>
      <order>11.04.2</order>
      <order>11.04.3</order>
      <order>11.04.4</order>

I want a perl script which sorts out the above input and pops out the value just as

Can anyone please help me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sorting

I have many files that I need to sort each week. I know how to do in Unix, but for this task it appears best to do native inside an existing perl program. So, simplified, I have a file similar to the following: Joe_________12_Main_St__A001________LX Benny_______5_Spring____A002________LX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give input to a perl script while execution

Hi, I have a perl script which prints me the epoch value of a specific date and time given.Now I want to proceed to a next step ie i want to give the input at the time of execution. I have to initialise the date and time values in the script before executing it.But now i want to give the date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing program with Perl script but needs user input

Hello, I'm running a perl script to execute a program through my Unix command line. The program requires a user input but I want to automatically have perl input the string. Is there a way to do this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonard2352
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell or Perl script to read multiple input

I need shell 0r Perl script to read multiple input and do something and come out example: echo “ enter the host names separated by space “ read servers foreach @servers { do do something done} Here host names like host1 host2 host3 . . . . . . . so on Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Hi, I have a datahash with 'n' number of values in perl script. I am writing a xml file from the datahash. I am getting output with sorting(Field sorting). My question is that i don't want any default sorting.whatever i am inserting into datahash it should give same xml file. Any help? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Not Reading Input Files Correctly

This is one of the strangest things that's happening to me. I'm writing a new Perl script that is trying to read a file. The file is originally in .mof format, but I also saved the contents into a .txt file. As a simple test, I wrote this: #!/user/bin/perl -w use strict; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Sorting Help

Hey guys, I have started to learn perl recently because of a position I took. They want me to master perl and I've been reading books and practicing myself. Basically I,m having my perl script run through a text pad and give the output in a special way e.g input deviceconfig { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zee3b
5 Replies
TEXIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TEXIFY(1)

NAME
texify - format code for use with LaTeX SYNOPSIS
texify<input-type> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
texify translates source code written in any of several different languages to latex(1) source files. The purpose is to make source code embedded in documents more readable, by providing syntax highliting. OPTIONS
-i FILE Read from FILE instead of standard input. -o FILE Write to FILE instead of standard output. -l LENGTH Limit line length to LENGTH. -t LENGTH Make a tab correspond to LENGTH spaces. Default is 6. -num INTERVAL Prefix output lines with the corresponding line number from the input, skipping INTERVAL lines between each time a prefix is added. An interval of 1 will ensure that every line is prefixed. -numsize exsize Replace the TeX code used to set the size of the line numbers. The default is footnotesize. INPUT TYPES
abel ABEL source code ada Ada source code asm Assembly code axiom AXIOM code B B source code beta BETA source code bison Bison source code c C source code c++ C++ source code idl OMG/CORBA IDL source code java Java source code lex Lex source code lisp LISP source code logla LOGLA source code matlab MATLAB script ml ML source code perl Perl source code promela Promela source code python Python source code scheme Scheme soruce code sim SIMULA source code sql SQL queries ruby Ruby source code vhdl VHDL description This manual page was written for the Debian operating system because the original program does not have a manual page. EXAMPLES
Say you want to format a Java source file. Just type: texifyjava < input.java > output.tex You can also format the output of some program without storing its output in a temporary file. If you want to format the output of a Post- greSQL database dump, just type: pg_dump foobar | texifysql > output.tex AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>. January 2003 TEXIFY(1)