Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin Post 302529571 by roba87 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 03:30:03 PM
Old 06-09-2011
Sorry, I think I have my terminology wrong, I do have the source files (they are fortran, i beleive with .f extensions) and am trying to complie it in windows. The makefiles are designed for linux though, i beleive (at least they are named as such)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to complie a c++ program in Unix or Cygwin?

Can I use gcc to compile a piece of c++ code? Do I need to name the file that contains the code as .cpp? Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cant ping Linux machine from Windows

Hi I have established LAN with the help of D-Link router. I am having 2 desktops ethernet connection managed by this D-Link router. One PC is with Windows 7 OS Second PC is with Redhat Linux 6.1 Both the PCs now stands connected to internet via this D-Link router. I could ping windows PC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
12 Replies
F2PY(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   F2PY(1)

NAME
f2py - Fortran to Python interface generator SYNOPSIS
(1) To construct extension module sources: f2py [<options>] <fortran files> [[[only:]||[skip:]] <fortran functions> ] [: <fortran files> ...] (2) To compile fortran files and build extension modules: f2py -c [<options>, <config_fc options>, <extra options>] <fortran files> (3) To generate signature files: f2py -h <filename.pyf> ...< same options as in (1) > DESCRIPTION
This program generates a Python C/API file (<modulename>module.c) that contains wrappers for given Fortran or C functions so that they can be called from Python. With the -c option the corresponding extension modules are built. OPTIONS
-h <filename> Write signatures of the fortran routines to file <filename> and exit. You can then edit <filename> and use it instead of <fortran files>. If <filename>==stdout then the signatures are printed to stdout. <fortran functions> Names of fortran routines for which Python C/API functions will be generated. Default is all that are found in <fortran files>. skip: Ignore fortran functions that follow until `:'. only: Use only fortran functions that follow until `:'. : Get back to <fortran files> mode. -m <modulename> Name of the module; f2py generates a Python/C API file <modulename>module.c or extension module <modulename>. Default is 'unti- tled'. --[no-]lower Do [not] lower the cases in <fortran files>. By default, --lower is assumed with -h key, and --no-lower without -h key. --build-dir <dirname> All f2py generated files are created in <dirname>. Default is tempfile.mktemp(). --overwrite-signature Overwrite existing signature file. --[no-]latex-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.tex. Default is --no-latex-doc. --short-latex Create 'incomplete' LaTeX document (without commands documentclass, ableofcontents, and egin{document}, end{document}). --[no-]rest-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.rst. Default is --no-rest-doc. --debug-capi Create C/API code that reports the state of the wrappers during runtime. Useful for debugging. -include'<includefile>' Add CPP #include statement to the C/API code. <includefile> should be in the format of either `"filename.ext"' or `<filename.ext>'. As a result <includefile> will be included just before wrapper functions part in the C/API code. The option is depreciated, use `usercode` statement in signature files instead. --[no-]wrap-functions Create Fortran subroutine wrappers to Fortran 77 functions. --wrap-functions is default because it ensures maximum portability/com- piler independence. --help-link [..] List system resources found by system_info.py. [..] may contain a list of resources names. See also --link-<resource> switch below. --quiet Run quietly. --verbose Run with extra verbosity. -v Print f2py version ID and exit. --include_paths path1:path2:... Search include files (that f2py will scan) from the given directories. CONFIG_FC OPTIONS The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --help-compiler List available Fortran compilers [DEPRECIATED]. --fcompiler=<name> Specify Fortran compiler type by vendor. --compiler=<name> Specify C compiler type (as defined by distutils) --fcompiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --f90compiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --help-fcompiler List available Fortran compilers and exit. --f77exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler. --f90exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler. --f77flags="..." Specify F77 compiler flags. --f90flags="..." Specify F90 compiler flags. --opt="..." Specify optimization flags. --arch="..." Specify architecture specific optimization flags. --noopt Compile without optimization. --noarch Compile without arch-dependent optimization. --debug Compile with debugging information. EXTRA OPTIONS
The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --link-<resource> Link extension module with <resource> as defined by numpy_distutils/system_info.py. E.g. to link with optimized LAPACK libraries (vecLib on MacOSX, ATLAS elsewhere), use --link-lapack_opt. See also --help-link switch. -L/path/to/lib/ -l<libname> -D<define> -U<name> -I/path/to/include/ <filename>.o <filename>.so <filename>.a -DPREPEND_FORTRAN -DNO_APPEND_FORTRAN -DUPPERCASE_FORTRAN -DUNDERSCORE_G77 Macros that might be required with non-gcc Fortran compilers. -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT To print out a performance report of F2PY interface when python exits. Available for Linux. -DF2PY_REPORT_ON_ARRAY_COPY=<int> To send a message to stderr whenever F2PY interface makes a copy of an array. Integer <int> sets the threshold for array sizes when a message should be shown. REQUIREMENTS
Python 1.5.2 or higher (2.x is supported). Numerical Python 13 or higher (20.x,21.x,22.x,23.x are supported). Optional Numarray 0.9 or higher partially supported. numpy_distutils from Scipy (can be downloaded from F2PY homepage) SEE ALSO
python(1) BUGS
For instructions on reporting bugs, see http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/FAQ.html AUTHOR
Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> INTERNET RESOURCES
Main website: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/ User's Guide: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/usersguide/ Mailing list: http://cens.ioc.ee/mailman/listinfo/f2py-users/ Scipy website: http://www.numpy.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Pearu Peterson LICENSE
NumPy License VERSION
2.45.241 F2PY(1)