Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin Post 302529555 by roba87 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 02:52:07 PM
Old 06-09-2011
Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin

Hello,

I am very unfamiliar with linux/unix (don't even know the difference), but am trying to get some linux software to run on my Windows machine for my research. I have the makefiles for the software, and it is designed to be compiled in the PGI complier, which I also have. When i try to compile the software i start the bash shell through PGI, go to the directory of the makefiles and enter the command:

make -f make_rrtm_linux_pgi
or
gmake -f make_rrtm_linux_pgi

I've attached screenshots of both trials
in both cases, there seems to be an error, in the case of gmake, something seems to happen, but it makes a .o file (which I can't find) where I need to be making a .exe file.

I have been stuck on this for a while, and obviously don't know what I'm doing, any help would be appreciated. The program I am trying to run is RRTM, an atmospheric modelling program available free at (rtweb.aer.com/rrtm_frame.html )

Thanks!
Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin-cygwin-make-screenshotjpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to complie a c++ program in Unix or Cygwin?

Can I use gcc to compile a piece of c++ code? Do I need to name the file that contains the code as .cpp? Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cant ping Linux machine from Windows

Hi I have established LAN with the help of D-Link router. I am having 2 desktops ethernet connection managed by this D-Link router. One PC is with Windows 7 OS Second PC is with Redhat Linux 6.1 Both the PCs now stands connected to internet via this D-Link router. I could ping windows PC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
12 Replies
OPENVT(1)							     Linux 1.x								 OPENVT(1)

NAME
openvt - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
openvt [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
openvt will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the environment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -f Force opening a VT without checking whether it is already in use. -e Directly execute the given command, without forking. This option is meant for use in /etc/inittab. If you want to use this feature in another context, be aware that openvt has to be a session leader in order for -e to work. See setsid(2) or setsid(1) on how to achieve this. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then openvt will switch back to the controlling terminal when the com- mand completes. -- end of options to openvt. NOTE
If openvt is compiled with a POSIX (GNU) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
openvt can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: openvt bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: openvt -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: openvt -- ls -l HISTORY
Earlier, openvt was called open. It was written by Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk>. The -w idea is from "sam". SEE ALSO
chvt(1), doshell(8), login(1) 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPENVT(1)