Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read Variable From Fille And Convert it to Integer Post 302529487 by Corona688 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 11:45:57 AM
Old 06-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by marios
Still no luck i get the error
"-le: unary operator expected"
at the if statement
Could you attach your data file? The actual file, not what you think it looks like. I think it's not what you expect.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert from an integer to a string

i want to convert from an integer to a string..in unix...i am writing a C program with embedded SQL... I remeber using itoa...but for some reason it doesnt work......i cant find it in the manual..... Maybe that is the wrong command..... but i have checked Dev Studio.....and it doest exist in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojomonkeyhelper
6 Replies

2. Programming

How i can read a long integer from standar input and a string with as many characters as specified..

how i can read a long integer from standar input and a string with as many characters as specified in the number? i thing that i must use the read command ofcourse.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert string to an integer and how to do calculations like add.,sub.,mult. on it

How to convert string into an integer or number For example : % set tim = `date` % echo $tim Tue Feb 22 16:25:08 IST 2011 here How to increment time by 10 hrs like 16+10 , here 16 is a string in date cmd. .. how to convert 16 to an integer and added to a another nimber ? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhamidi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to Use a Variable as Integer?

hello, i am writing a script that takes the UID from the PASSWD and then i want to increse the Number by one. for the Next user. i cannot get this to work that a variable is as interger example: set i = 0 set $i = $+1 it's in tcsh if it's mather (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
10 Replies

5. Programming

read integer from file C

Hi , Can you have a look at my code it should display integer in file but it doesn't #include <stdio.h> /* This function reads two values from a file. */ int demonstrate_fscanf(void) { FILE *InFile; int b, numValuesRead; InFile = fopen("fadata.rtf", "r"); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to Integer

Hi fellows!! i'm doing something which is not working out for me properly which i don't understand why nowdate=`date +%s` echo $nowdate now the problem how to convert a date which is stored in a variable mydate="22/Oct/2011" mydate=`date -d '$mydate' +%s` it gives error... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_newbie
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] need to convert decimal to integer

Using below command awk 'NR==FNR{A=$1;next} {sum+=($2*A)}END{OFMT="%20f";print int(sum)}' Market.txt Product.txt answer:351770174.00000 how to convert this to 351770174. when i try with below command i am getting different result. awk 'NR==FNR{A=$1;next}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from file and convert from string to integer?

Hi all, I am trying to write a script to be able to Run top command Pick the PIDs that are taking more than 90% of CPU time Get more details like what is the script name and location for that PID Script should run until I manually kill it by ctrl + C I have come up with following script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string number to a integer

I have data as below "ROWS merge process complete. thousand rows changed" I need to get a variable assigned the value of 1000. I mean convert the string thousand to 1000. Any help or pointer. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
6 Replies
Ops(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Ops(3pm)

NAME
PDL::Ops - Fundamental mathematical operators DESCRIPTION
This module provides the functions used by PDL to overload the basic mathematical operators ("+ - / *" etc.) and functions ("sin sqrt" etc.) It also includes the function "log10", which should be a perl function so that we can overload it! Matrix multiplication (the operator "x") is handled by the module PDL::Primitive. SYNOPSIS
none FUNCTIONS
plus Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) add two piddles $c = plus $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a + $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->plus($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "+" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. plus does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. mult Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) multiply two piddles $c = mult $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a * $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->mult($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "*" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. mult does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. minus Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) subtract two piddles $c = minus $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a - $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->minus($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "-" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. minus does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. divide Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) divide two piddles $c = divide $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a / $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->divide($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "/" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. divide does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. gt Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) the binary > (greater than) operation $c = gt $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a > $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->gt($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary ">" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. gt does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. lt Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) the binary < (less than) operation $c = lt $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a < $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->lt($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "<" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. lt does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. le Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) the binary <= (less equal) operation $c = le $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a <= $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->le($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "<=" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. le does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. ge Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) the binary >= (greater equal) operation $c = ge $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a >= $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->ge($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary ">=" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. ge does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. eq Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) binary equal to operation ("==") $c = eq $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a == $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->eq($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "==" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. eq does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. ne Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) binary not equal to operation ("!=") $c = ne $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a != $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->ne($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "!=" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. ne does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. shiftleft Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) leftshift "a$" by $b $c = shiftleft $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a << $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->shiftleft($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "<<" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. shiftleft does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. shiftright Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) leftshift "a$" by $b $c = shiftright $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a >> $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->shiftright($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary ">>" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. shiftright does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. or2 Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) binary or of two piddles $c = or2 $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a | $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->or2($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "|" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. or2 does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. and2 Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) binary and of two piddles $c = and2 $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a & $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->and2($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "&" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. and2 does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. xor Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) binary exclusive or of two piddles $c = xor $a, $b, 0; # explicit call with trailing 0 $c = $a ^ $b; # overloaded call $a->inplace->xor($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "^" operator. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. xor does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. bitnot Signature: (a(); [o]b()) unary bit negation $b = ~ $a; $a->inplace->bitnot; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "~" operator/function. bitnot does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. power Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) raise piddle $a to the power "b" $c = $a->power($b,0); # explicit function call $c = $a ** $b; # overloaded use $a->inplace->power($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "**" function. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. power does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. atan2 Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) elementwise "atan2" of two piddles $c = $a->atan2($b,0); # explicit function call $c = atan2 $a, $b; # overloaded use $a->inplace->atan2($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "atan2" function. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. atan2 does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. modulo Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) elementwise "modulo" operation $c = $a->modulo($b,0); # explicit function call $c = $a % $b; # overloaded use $a->inplace->modulo($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "%" function. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. modulo does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. spaceship Signature: (a(); b(); [o]c(); int swap) elementwise "<=>" operation $c = $a->spaceship($b,0); # explicit function call $c = $a <=> $b; # overloaded use $a->inplace->spaceship($b,0); # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the binary "<=>" function. Note that when calling this function explicitly you need to supply a third argument that should generally be zero (see first example). This restriction is expected to go away in future releases. spaceship does handle bad values. The state of the bad-value flag of the output piddles is unknown. sqrt Signature: (a(); [o]b()) elementwise square root $b = sqrt $a; $a->inplace->sqrt; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "sqrt" operator/function. sqrt does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. abs Signature: (a(); [o]b()) elementwise absolute value $b = abs $a; $a->inplace->abs; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "abs" operator/function. abs does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. sin Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the sin function $b = sin $a; $a->inplace->sin; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "sin" operator/function. sin does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. cos Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the cos function $b = cos $a; $a->inplace->cos; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "cos" operator/function. cos does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. not Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the elementwise not operation $b = ! $a; $a->inplace->not; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "!" operator/function. not does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. exp Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the exponential function $b = exp $a; $a->inplace->exp; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "exp" operator/function. exp does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. log Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the natural logarithm $b = log $a; $a->inplace->log; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "log" operator/function. log does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. log10 Signature: (a(); [o]b()) the base 10 logarithm $b = log10 $a; $a->inplace->log10; # modify $a inplace It can be made to work inplace with the "$a->inplace" syntax. This function is used to overload the unary "log10" operator/function. log10 does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. assgn Signature: (a(); [o]b()) Plain numerical assignment. This is used to implement the ".=" operator assgn does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
Tuomas J. Lukka (lukka@fas.harvard.edu), Karl Glazebrook (kgb@aaoepp.aao.gov.au), Doug Hunt (dhunt@ucar.edu), Christian Soeller (c.soeller@auckland.ac.nz), Doug Burke (burke@ifa.hawaii.edu), and Craig DeForest (deforest@boulder.swri.edu). perl v5.14.2 2012-05-30 Ops(3pm)