Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK script for programatically modifying java files Post 302529463 by rocker86 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 11:20:38 AM
Old 06-09-2011
AWK script for programatically modifying java files

Hi,
I want to add a String variable to all java classes in my project. Assuming a class like
Code:
public class Random
{
String var="Constant string";
}

The text in bold is what I want to add to all java files in my workspace.
I am an absolute newbie to AWK, and read somewhere that its easily doable in AWK, and am currently hurrying through the online tutorials.. could anyone please help me with a script if its not really complex?

Thanks in advance!
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by vgersh99; 06-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying a awk line

Hi, I want to print specific columns (from 201 to 1001). The line that I am using is listed below. However I also want to print column 1. So column 1 and 201 to 1001. What modifcations do I need to make? Code: awk -F'\t' 'BEGIN {min = 201; max = 1001 }{for (i=min; i<=max; i++) printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding few methods to bunch of Java files

Hi I have around 1000+ java file under different folder in /home/raxit/source and in each file i want to add a fix method. -------- /* Some comment for few lines like header block etc.. */ package import class A { method1 () { } method2 () (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with modifying files

Hello everyone, I have some data files, with mixed header formats. the sample for the same is: >ABCD76567.x1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76567.y1 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.x1 pair_info:898989 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT >ABCD76568.y1 pair_info:893489 AGTCGATCGTAGTCGTAGCTGT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] Not able to call a script from another programatically

Hi, I need to call a shell script from another. Let me explain you with an example. a1.sh and b1.sh are two scripts. a1.sh calls b1.sh internally. If i run a1.sh manually, it internally calls b1.sh but the problem is There is a process that calls this a1.sh at regular intervals,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadarapu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding / Modifying AWK command

Hey all, So I have an AWK command here awk '{if(FNR==NR) {arr++;next} if($0 in arr) { arr--; if (arr == 0) delete arr;next}{print $0 >"list2output.csv"}} END {for(i in arr){print i >"list1output.csv"}}' list1 list2 (refer to image for a more readable format) This code was submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for modifying the file

I have the records in the format one row 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S 111+0360832-0937348 I want to get it int the format 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

7. Programming

modifying 2 or more values using method in Java

i wanna make modification in two or more identifiers,using a method in JAVA , but the only way to do this is by returning a value ,then also only one variable value can be modified .. one way 2 do do this is by use of array and passing its name in method ,, please suggest a different way of doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete certain java script from html files using sed

I am cleaning forum posts to convert them in offline reading version with clean html text. All files are with html extension and reside in one folder. There is some java script i would like to remove, which looks like <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1"> <!-- function mMz() { var mPz = "";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying Variables in Files

hi list, I am currently looking to develop an installation script which writes out .conf files based on existing .conf files according to variables which are set in a settings file. For example I have a settings file like so: ip=192.168.1.1 hosts=localAnd I want to read a file which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying an awk script for syllable splitting

I have found this syllable splitter in awk. The code is given below. Basically the script cuts words and names into syllables. However it fails when the word contains 2 consonants which constitute a single syllable. An example is given below ashford raphael The output is as under: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)						   Java wrappers						  JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)

NAME
java-wrappers - capacities shared by java wrapper scripts DESCRIPTION
Most Java programs are not run directly, but through small shell scripts that take care of various things, such as finding a suitable java environment and looking for libraries. To ease the task of the maintainers, they rely on a library providing runtime detection, library detection and other features. This manual page describes the common features of all those scripts, and to which point you can configure them. This is mainly done via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
java-wrappers understands some environment variables: JAVA_CMD The java command that will be run. If this variable is set, it disables all lookup for a java runtime. JAVA_BINDIR Specifies a directory that will be looked for a java or a jdb executable (depending on the setting of JAVA_DEBUGGER). It has prece- dence over JAVA_HOME but not over JAVA_CMD. JAVA_HOME A path to a java runtime. If this variable is set, all lookup for a java runtime is disabled, except that if no java executable is found in the path, the command java is used. JAVA_FLAVOR A probably more easy-to-use version of the JAVA_HOME variable: instead of specifying the full path of the java runtime, you name it. List of available flavors can be found in the file /usr/lib/java-wrappers/jvm-list.sh. See examples below. JAVA_DEBUGGER If this is set, the wrapper will try to pick up a java debugger rather than a java interpreter. This will fail if the jbd of the runtime found is a stub. JAVA_CLASSPATH Additional classpath, will have priority over the one found by the wrapper. JAVA_ARGS Additional arguments to the java command. They will come before all other arguments. FORCE_CLASSPATH If this variable is set, it will be the only classpath. You'd better know what you are doing. DEBUG_WRAPPER This is probably the most important variable; if it set, the wrapper will print out useful information as it goes by its business, such as which runtime it did find, and which command is run eventually. JAVA_JARPATH The path where the wrappers will go looking for jar archives. If not set, the wrapper will look into the default directory, /usr/share/java. Warning : the wrapper will not look anywhere else than in JAVA_JARPATH. Setting it incorrectly will most probably result in early crashes. EXAMPLES
The examples all rely on rasterizer(1), from the package libbatik-java, but they really apply to all scripts that use java-wrappers. Print out debugging information: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 rasterizer Limit rasterizer's memory to 80 MB: JAVA_ARGS=-Xmx80m rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with kaffe(1): JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/kaffe rasterizer The same, but using JAVA_BINDIR: JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib/kaffe/bin rasterizer Force rasterizer to run with openjdk: JAVA_FLAVOR=openjdk rasterizer Debug rasterizer with Sun's debugger, while printing debugging information from the wrapper: DEBUG_WRAPPER=1 JAVA_CMD=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/jdb rasterizer BUGS
Care has been taken to make the wrappers bug-free. If that was not the case, please file a bug report against the java-wrappers package. If you wish to submit any problem with a java executable relying on java-wrappers, please also submit the output of the command run with DEBUG_WRAPPER=1. It will save one mail exchange and therefore potentially reduce the time it takes to fix the bug. DEVELOPERS
There is currently no documentation about writing a wrapper script save the comments in /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh. If you have to write one, we suggest you base yourself upon, for instance, the rasterizer wrapper script, or any other one (just pick up any direct reverse dependency of java-wrappers and look for scripts). SEE ALSO
java(1), jdb(1) /usr/lib/java-wrappers/java-wrappers.sh AUTHOR
java-wrappers and its documentation were written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> Version 0.1.16 2010-05-04 JAVA-WRAPPERS(7)