Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passing variable to awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variable to awk Post 302529352 by matteo86 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 06:20:32 AM
Old 06-09-2011
thanks, now it works!

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing a variable into an awk script

Hello all, I'm trying to run a script of this format - for i in $(cat <file>); do grep $i <file1>|awk '{print $i, $1, $2}' It's not working - does anyone know how this can be done? Khoom (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Shell Variable to awk

Hello, I have a file with 4 columns. An arbitrary example is shown below: a Tp 10 xyz b Tq 8 abc c Tp 99 pqr d Tp 44 rst e Tr 98 efg Based on the values in col 2 and col 3, I will execute another program. I have been running this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk alias passing a value to a variable

I am trying to turn this into an alias with no luck. I would then like to put the alias into my bashrc file. I know awk is very picky about quotes. I have tried every version of quotes, single quotes, double quotes, and backslashes that I can think of. VAR=$(xrandr | awk '$2=="connected"{s=$1}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple variable to awk

Hi , can I pass more then one variable to awk using -v option? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing backslash character to awk variable

Hi All. I have a file that contains some special characters and I'm trying to use AWK to search for lines between <pattern1> and <pattern2>. As an example: I need the lines between the line containing ' select_id="x_0 ' and the line containing the next instance of ' from '. This is a file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing external variable to awk

Hi, I am trying to write a bash script in which I need to pass a external variable to the awk program. I tired using -v but it not accepting the value. Here is my sample code. #!/usr/bin/bash ###################################################################################### ####... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming -Passing variable to awk for loop

Hi All, I am new to AWK programming. I have the following for loop in my awk program. cat printhtml.awk: BEGIN -------- <some code here> END{ ----------<some code here> for(N=0; N<H; N++) { for(M=5; M<D; M++) print "\t" D ""; } ----- } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Shell Variable to awk

Hello All, May i please why my shell variable is not getting passed into awk script. #!/bin/bash -vx i="1EB07C50" /bin/awk -v ID="$i" '/ID/ {match($0,/ID/);print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}' /var/log/ScriptLogs/keys.13556.txt Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with passing variable

I have file called in in.txt contains with the below lines I want to display the lines between the value which I would be passing. one two three four five ten six seven eight Expected output if I have passed one and ten two three four five (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
8 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD