Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Passing arguments to shellcode Post 302529228 by image28 on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 08:40:57 PM
Old 06-08-2011
Found a solution

Going to use ramdisks to store the programs. Haven't worked with shellcode in ages, and thought it was easier to convert c to shellcode.

Thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing arguments

I'm trying to pass a filename, or all the files in the current directory to the ls command with a script. Unsuccessful so far, here are a few of my attempts: #!/bin/ksh read fname #if (( $# > 0 )); then $fname | ls -l #fi this produces a long listing of all the files in my current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing strings as arguments

Is it possible to pass a string as an argument from the command line? I know I can pass a word in but can I put a line of text in with spaces and fullstops or do I just put it in brackets or quotes so the compiler can differinate between the first argument and the second. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iago
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Arguments-Help

Hi, I have a script which adds the user credentials to an ldap server. Im passing the variables as below.. /path/my_script $uname $pwd $environ ${deposit} If i enter some special characters like ';' in $pwd, script returns an error which is set to display if the user enters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments

Hi I have a script to which I pass multiple arguments, for example lets say the script name is "abc". I run the script like ./abc def /file <directory location> In the above "def" is the first argument and "/file" is the second argument. I expect <directory location> that is passed after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to the subshell

I have a shell script which is invoked by passing an argument. The outer shell script calls another subshell and I want the argument passed down to flow down to the subshell. E.g Invoking a shell ======>> abc_refresh.ksh NM Below is the content of abc_refresh.ksh Value1=$1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing arguments

I need to pass arguments to a shell script.My batch is calling some java program. ################# x=$1 y=$2 java -classpath program ################### if first parameter and second parameter is null then java -classpath program if first parameter is not null and second parameter is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to csh

I have noticed this thing using csh when passing arguments Suppose I call a csh script using ../Scripts/plot-model.csh -vmod="npt02-z30.vmod" -R="0/80/0/30" -c="0/4.5" -aspr="1:10" Somehow the " get removed when doing $argv ending up with -vmod=npt02-z30.vmod... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to python

How can I pass arguments to a python script??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments--Error

Hi, i have a file.txt with data Bangalore Chennai Hyd filename of the script is: new.sh result=`cat file.txt | grep $1` if then echo pass else echo fail fi i am executing the file in the cmd line as "sh new.sh Bangalore" o/p is pass if i give "sh new.sh delhi" o/p is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
6 Replies
EBNDAILY(1)							   User Commands						       EBNDAILY(1)

NAME
ebndaily - get stats for ebnetd and send it to admins SYNOPSIS
ebndaily [option...] mail-address... OPTIONS
-a INTEGER --ages INTEGER keep INTEGER ages of old syslog files (default: 7) -c TYPE --compressor TYPE how to compress old syslog files; compress, gzip, bzip2 or none (default: none) -h --help display this help, then exit -l FILE --log-file FILE specify a syslog file (default: /var/log/ebnetd.log) -n --no-mail do not send report mail -v --version display version number, then exit -1 --fast compress faster when using gzip or bzip2 -9 --best compress better when using gzip or bzip2 Arguemnts: mail-address receipient of a report from ebndaily. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to m-kasahr@sra.co.jp. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 - 2003 Motoyuki Kasahara SEE ALSO
The full documentation for ebndaily is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and ebndaily programs are properly installed at your site, the command info ebndaily should give you access to the complete manual. ebndaily (EBNETD) version 1.0 October 2006 EBNDAILY(1)