Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using conditions in FTP
Operating Systems AIX Using conditions in FTP Post 302529073 by Corona688 on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 12:13:43 PM
Old 06-08-2011
FTP is not a shell. It can't do logical expressions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reduce the or conditions

Hi , how can i reduce the or conditions: if ]; then whatever fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 or more if conditions

Hello, I have a file as follows: col no:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 a 4 226 226 ch:95024048-95027592, 1y224 of 3545 223 224 ident b 53 235 235 ch:148398-148401255, 1y184 of 3187 180 186 ident awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditions

./script 89 The script will extract the last digit of the input parameter. example, that is 4. This will be compared to the last digit of the current day of the month ( like day 14; that is 4). A message will displayed on the screen indicating if the digits are the same or not. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh is king
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

While with three conditions

Currently this is what I am trying while || && ]; do I want to continue if the first condition or both the second and third are true but I am getting a too many arguments error. Can someone help me out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF OR with two conditions

I have this IF working fine, testing if a char is a digit: if ; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR else _ISDIGIT="false" fi Then I add a second condition to test if the char is either a digit or a * if ]; then _VALUE=$_VALUE$_CHAR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP GET with exception handeling and multiple conditions

Thanks everyone for the wonderful and helping environment.. And the problem I asked.. forget it... 4 days wait for a decent reply was such a moral booster.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReignOfChaos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in 'for' Loop

Hey guys, I've been learning shell for a few weeks now & come across an issue in one of my for loops : However I wish to add a condition (maybe if loop is best ??) when, if the variable value $line is > 24 go back to the start of my 'for' loop thus skipping my application based commands and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil0316
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions need

Dear Expert, Below code is for to take the backup of database by daily time stamp. I need vital help to make my script automatic sending me email if it sucess or fail. echo on @REM Seamonkey's quick date batch (MMDDYYYY format) @REM Setups %date variable @REM First parses month, day, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in if

I'm using the below one.. #!/bin/ksh File=$3 if ; then echo "Script" elif ] ;then echo "Passed k or f option" else "Please check the Input passed" fi Command line argument is "k" or -f and file is exist then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)