Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support [Solved] Need help with HP-UX 11.31 LVM! Post 302529062 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 11:47:51 AM
Old 06-08-2011
With which commands did you use to create your lv ?

It looks you only specified one disk of the 2 physical volume that is why you get
Used PV 1
instead of
Used PV 2

What give the lvdisplay -v on your lv as well as on the reference lvol5 ?
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

When to use LVM?

Having first encountered LVM in HP-UX and now experimenting with it in Redhat and Gentoo, I am wondering, when is it actually good practice to use LVM? Obviously LVM doesn't work for boot partitions, so that question is a pretty easy answer: Not for /boot in Linux. While trying to figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

lvm with -- on the name

Hi All, I created an lvm filesystem with a name with dash in the middle, like xxx-yyy (note, that it's only one dash). I was able to create it smoothly with this instructions. lvcreate -L 1G uservg -n xxx-yyy ls /dev/uservg/xxx-yyy (check) mkfs.ext3 /dev/uservg/xxx-yyy mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

lvm

Hi. can anyone define about VGDA,VGSA,and quorum in aix.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help with lvm

i have os 5.1 and i do mirror with hdisk0 and hdisk1 on rootvg at the end i get error in mail that: At least one partition mirror is broken please call sysadmin hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/stale N/A the other fs seems ok and sync what to do about the hd5??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitt74
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help with LVM?

Hi How do you configure LVM to linux? How to create logic volume using LVM? On a new VM system, just install RHEL 5.8 gave 200 gig for / and 10 gig for swap. Now I want to configure LVM? is that too late, do I need to delete and start all over again ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] Problem while working with LVM

Hi I am getting the following error while executing any command related to LVM - # vgs vgs: symbol lookup error: vgs: undefined symbol: pvcreate Can any one please advise how to get rid of this problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
6 Replies

10. AIX

Need LVM Help

Hello, I need some help, it is slightly urgent so any help is appreciated. We were doing a data migration, during a migratepv command, our SAN ran out of quota space and locked all of the filesystems, now I'm left with a few errors and am not able to do migratepv again. /:migratepv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-a|--all] [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--units hHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] lvdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned] [-a|--all] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--noheadings] [--nosuffix] [-o|--options [+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort [+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--segments] [--separator Separator] [--unbuffered] [--units hHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...]] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and lvs for options given with --columns. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. To map physical extents to logical extents use pvs --segments -o+lv_name,seg_start_pe,segtype. --columns | -C Display output in columns, the equivalent of lvs. Options listed are the same as options given in lvs (8). Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8), pvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVDISPLAY(8)