Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command to replace a character at last Post 302528963 by mukeshbaranwal on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 09:46:55 AM
Old 06-08-2011
Hi Anchal, I am still in same place. It is not replacing, just printing my desired requirement.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace first character of string sed

I want to change the first/or any character of a string to upper-case: String: test Desired results: Test or tEst or teSt or tesT thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace two character strings by two variables with sed command

Hello, I want to writte a script that replace two character strings by two variables with the command sed butmy solution doesn't work. I'm written this: sed "s/TTFactivevent/$TTFav/g && s/switchSLL/$SLL/g" templatefile. I want to replace TTFactivevent by the variable $TTFav, that is a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: POPO10
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help,to replace the last character

cat input.txt agsbdafgd ertebrtreter ahrbrwerg The last character of a line that does not start with a would be changed to Z. Final output: agsbdafgd ertebrtreteZ ahrbrwerg Can anyone post the sed command to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace specific character , if possible using sed

My script is extracting data from SQl session, however sometimes the result contains one or multiple space after/before any numerical value. e,g . "123","1 34","1 3 45", "43 5" How to remove these unwanted spaces..so that I can get the following result : "123","134",1345","435" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special character replace

I need to do the following: text in the format of: ADDRESS=abcd123:1111 - abcd123:1111 is different on every system. replace with: ADDRESS=localhost:2222 sed 's/ADDRESS=<What do I use here?>/ADDRESS=localhost:2222/g' Everything I've tried ends up with: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace the special character with another using SED

I have the replace the pattern in the file , ); to ); Could someone please help me to get this command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.bit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I replace a unicode character using sed

I have a unicode character {Unicode: 0x1C} in my file and I need to replace it with a blank. How would a sed command look like? cat file1 | sed "s/&#x28;//g;" > file2 Is X28 the right value for this Unicode character?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed : last character replace

Hi all , I have to write a shell script that takes a number as input , like 123 and the output will be 6 ,i.e the output will be the sum of digits of the input. I have an idea as follows, echo "123"|fold -1|tr '\n' '+'|bc But the problem is after " echo "123"|fold -1|tr '\n' '+' "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace two character pattern with another pattern

Not able to paste my content. Please see the attachment :-( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD