Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print a Search Pattern after modification Post 302528880 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 06:48:15 AM
Old 06-08-2011
alternate pattern..
Code:
 /^[1-2][A-Z][0-9]\{4\}$/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk how to print if the search pattern contains speace

the data file is as below: > cat master.cnf /usr| location for usr|5 /src/ver1| version 1 |10 /src/ver2/log| ver 2 log |25 /src/sys/apps/log| Application log for sys|36 /src/sys/apps/conf| configuration location for app|45 /src/sys/apps/bin| binary location app|55my script is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the line within the search pattern

Hi Guys, I had file as typedef struct { char TrailerType1; char TrailerTxt1; }Trailer; typedef struct { char PfigMoneyType; char PfigMoneyvalue; }PfigMoney; i need to print the lines within the search pattern. if i give the search pattern as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manosubsulo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines between the search pattern

hi, I have a file say x.txt containing xxx 123 bla bla ... you xxx dfk dbf ... me xxx ... ... keeps on.. i need to search for pattern in the line starting xxx in the file. If pattern matched, I need to fetch all the lines till i find next xxx. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/Sed: Search Pattern from file and Print

Hi, I want to search for patterns (from a file) in a file and print the line matching the patterns and the line before it. I have to search for 100s of patterns from a file. Any help with AWK or Sed. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern search and print using sh

Hi All, Have a file contains multiple line with the following file.txt insert: akdkas job:ksdjf command: aldfasdf asdfsdfa asdfas.sh machine: asdfa need to grep for insert and machine and print only "akdkas,asdfa" cat file.txt | egrep "insert|machine" | awk -F: '{print $2}' output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniqme
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and Print lines in Single Column

Hi Experts I have small query where I request the into a single file Suppose: File1: {Unique entries} AA BB CC DD FileB: AA, 123 AA, 234 AA, 2345 CC, 123 CC, 5678 DD,123 BB, 7890 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies
IGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     IGREP(1)

NAME
igrep - search images for matching metadata SYNOPSIS
igrep [options] pattern files... DESCRIPTION
The igrep utility is invoked as follows: igrep [options] pattern filename... Where pattern is a POSIX.2 regular expression (just like the Unix/Linux grep(1) command), and filename (and any following names) specify images or directories that should be searched. An image file will "match" if any of its metadata contains values contain substring that are recognized regular expression. The image files may be of any format recognized by OpenImageIO (i.e., for which ImageInput plugins are available). Example: $ igrep Jack *.jpg bar.jpg: Keywords = Carly; Jack foo.jpg: Keywords = Jack test7.jpg: ImageDescription = Jack on vacation For a complete description, see /usr/share/doc/libopenimageio-dev/openimageio.pdf.gz. OPTIONS
--help Print help message -i Ignore upper/lower case distinctions -v Invert match (select non-matching files) -E Pattern is an extended regular expression -f Match against file name as well as metadata -l List the matching files (no detail) -r Recurse into directories -d Print directories (when recursive) -a Search all subimages of each file SEE ALSO iconvert(1), idiff(1), iinfo(1), iprocess(1), iv(1), maketx(1), oiiotool(1). AUTHOR
OpenImageIO was written by Larry Gritz and the other authors and contributors. This manual page was written by IRIE Shinsuke <irieshinsuke@yahoo.co.jp>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 19, 2012 IGREP(1)