Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nawk help searching for multiple lines and multiple searches Post 302528724 by yazu on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 09:44:29 PM
Old 06-07-2011
You can pipe your command:
Code:
...| sed -n '/pattern1/,/pattern2/p'

If you don't need the last line:
Code:
...| sed -n '/pattern1/,/pattern2/p' | head -n-1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep: do multiple searches?

I want to search the file /etc/passwd for all lines containing 'csh' but exlude all those lines that have '/usr' in them and dump the results into the file result. IMPORTANT: I need to do this in one command line. The following does not work: grep -v \(\/usr\) \(csh\) /etc/passwd >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdemba
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching multiple files with multiple expressions

I am using a DEC ALPHA running Digital UNIX (formly DEC OSF/1) and ksh. I have a directory with hundreds of files that only share the extension .rpt. I would like to search that directory based on serial number and operation number and only files that meet both requirements to be printed out. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anahka
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching thru or combining multiple lines in a unix file

This is the problem actually: This regex: egrep "low debug.*\".*\"" $dbDir/alarmNotification.log is looking for data between the two quotation marks: ".*\" When I hate data like this: low debug 2009/3/9 8:30:20.47 ICSNotificationAlarm Prodics01ics0003 IC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndedhia1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk, creating a variable total from multiple lines(records)

Good Morning/Afternoon All, I am having some trouble creating a variable called "total" to display the sum of the values in a specific field, $6 for example. The data I am working on is in the following form: John Doe:(555) 555-5555:1:2:3 Jane Doe:(544) 444-5556:4:5:6 Moe Doe:(654)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching multiple lines and replacing in shell scripting

Hi, I have a file with below contents, ssenthil = rw anilkg = rw I want to search for "ssenthil" and need to delete line 1 and 2 , if the third line starts with "" respectively and blank line immediately and third line starts with " anilkg = rw Please help me . Great day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk for multiple searches

I have a below file RCS File name : abc.txt something something .... symbolic names: implemented : 1.1 ssssssumthing Revision 1.2 date : 12/12/12 author : abc Revision 1.1 date : 11/11/11 author xyz So now , in this file i have to first look for the implemented... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashishagg2005
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output based on multiple searches

I have a file that looks like this: >Sample 539 GCCCAGCGCGCGILTGCCGCCGTCTCCGCCTGTCJOHNCCGCCATTGCCCCCGGTTAC I am using the following code to search specific patterns: awk '/^>/ { print $0 } NR==2 {if (/GIL/) { print "\t" "1" } else { print "\t" "0" }} NR==2 {if (/JOHN/) { print "\t""\t"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)