Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a CSV file and deleting all rows on condition Post 302528723 by landossa on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 09:43:34 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Java Parsing a CSV file and deleting all rows on condition

Hello list,

I am working on a csv file which contains two fields per record which contain IP addresses. What I am trying to do is find records which have identical fields(IP addresses) which occur 4(four) times, and if they do, delete all records with that specific identical field(ip address).

for example, the csv looks like this:
Code:
field 1,192.168.1.1,field 3, 192.168.1.128
field 1,10.10.10.1,field 3, 192.168.1.128
field 1,172.16.10.1,field 3, 192.168.1.128
field 1,10.10.10.3,field 3, 192.168.1.128

so I want to parse the csv and delete the following rows where the ip address in field 2 is identical for 4 occurrences:
Code:

any ideas?

thanks.

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-08-2011 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the emty rows in a file

I am getting some spaces between the two lines(rows) in file.i want delete that empty rows in the file example 1 abc xyz 2 def jkl like i am having lots of rows in a file i want to delete the spce between the two rows give any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows & columns form a csv file

Hi , I want to delete some rows & columns from file. can someone please help me on this? Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: code19
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting rows from csv file

Hello, I am supposed to process about 100 csv files. But these files have some extra lines at the bottom of the file. these extra lines start with a header for each column and then some values below. These lines are actually a summary of the actual data and not supposed to be processed. These... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific rows in large files having rows greater than 100000

Hi Guys, I need help in modifying a large text file containing more than 1-2 lakh rows of data using unix commands. I am quite new to the unix language the text file contains data in a pipe delimited format sdfsdfs sdfsdfsd START_ROW sdfsd|sdfsdfsd|sdfsdfasdf|sdfsadf|sdfasdf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish2009
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 problems: Mailing CSV file / parsing CSV for display

I have been trying to find a good solution for this seemingly simple task for 2 days, and I'm giving up and posting a thread. I hope someone can help me out! I'm on HPUX, using sqlplus, mailx, awk, have some other tools available, but can't install stuff that isn't already in place (without a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soldstatic
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with deleting specific rows from a text file

I know this is a complicated question but I will try to illustrate it with some data. I have a data file that looks like the following: 1341 NA06985 0 0 2 46.6432798439 1341 NA06991 NA06993 NA06985 2 48.8478948517 1341 NA06993 0 0 1 45.8022601455 1340 NA06994 0 0 1 48.780669145 1340... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting specific rows from a text file

How do I go about deleting specific rows from a text file (given row number)? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting rows under a certain condition

there are 20 variables and I would like to delete the rows if 13th-20th columns are all NA. Thank you! FID IID aspirpre statihos fibrahos ocholhos arbhos betabhos alphbhos cacbhos diurehos numbcig.x toast1 toast2 toast3 toast4 ischoth1 ischoth2 ischoth3 ischoth4 101 101 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column from file and delete rows with some condition..

Hi.... I have a need of script to do delete row whenever condition is true.... 2.16 (3) 1 3 9999 0 (1) (0) 34.42 (4) 1 3 9999 37 (2) (3) 34.38 (4) 1 3 9999 64 (2) (3) 34.4 (4) 1 3 1 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies
pilot-addresses(1)						    PILOT-LINK							pilot-addresses(1)

NAME
pilot-addresses - Read and write address book databases to and from a Palm handheld. SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits LOCATION
./src SYNOPSIS
pilot-addresses [-p|--port <port>] [--version] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-q|--quiet] [--delete-all] [-t|--delimiter INT] [-d|--delete-cate- gory category ] [-c|--category category] [-a|--augment] [-r|--read file] [-w|--write file ] [-C|--human-readable] DESCRIPTION
pilot-addresses allows the user to read all entries from a Palm handheld such as those made by Palm, Handspring, Handera, TRGPro, Sony or other Palm handheld in the Palm Address Book application, write new entries into the database, and delete a category or delete all entries in the database. COMMANDS
Provide exactly one of --read or --write. -r, --read=<file> Reads records from <file> and install them to the Palm Address Book application. (Use the -w <file> option to get a sample "template file" for input records to see how the fields are laid out). -w, --write=file Reads all address book records from the Palm Address Book application and writes them into file OPTIONS
pilot-addresses options -a, --augment Augments fields in address book records with additional information. The augmented information is placed before and separated from the field with a semi-colon, (;). Augmented information can include any of the following below. category # Placed in front of each record or.. Placed in front of each phone number field: ["Work"|"Home"|"Fax"|"Other"|"E-mail"|"Main"|"Pager"|"Mobile"] Empty fields are not augmented. -c, --category=category Install records to category category by default. Normally pilot-addresses uses the Unfiled category by default. This option is overridden by the category specified in the record with the -a option. -d, --delete-category Delete all records in the specified category category before installing new records. Note that the long name of this option has changed since 0.11.8 -D, --delete-all Delete all address book records in all categories. Obviously, be very careful with this one. Note that the long name of this option has changed since 0.11.8 -t, --delimiter INT Include category in each record, use the delimiter specified to separate all fields of a record. Delimiters are specified as follows: 3=tab, 2=;, 1=,. This overrides the default delimiter of comma between fields and semi-colon between a field's augmented information. (Please note that this may generate confusing results when used with the -a option.) Note that the long name of this option has changed since 0.11.8 -T, --titles Obsolete. This option has been removed since 0.11.8 -C|--human-readable Write generic human-readable output instead of CSV. Conduit Options -p, --port <port> Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-addresses will look for the $PILOTPORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-addresses will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-addresses and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-addresses and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
The program will connect to the Palm handheld, and perform the requested read or write operation specified by the user. EXAMPLES
To write all address records in a Palm to the file addrbook.csv: pilot-addresses -w addrbook.csv or pilot-addresses -p /dev/pilot -w addrbook.csv To read the address book records in the file addrbook.csv and install them onto the Palm: pilot-addresses -r addrbook.csv To read the address book records in the file addrbook.csv and place them into the Palm address book database category Special after first deleting all current records in the Special category on the palm: pilot-addresses -c Special -d Special -r addrbook.csv AUTHOR
pilot-addresses originally written by Kenneth Albanowski, this manual page was originally written by Robert Wittig <bob.wittig@gt.org> and later updated by David A. Desrosiers <hacker@gnu-designs.com> and Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk>. REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-addresses(1)