Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Can not get wireless to register in linux mint? Post 302528711 by alister on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 07:59:22 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by breebutner
I dont know what ispci does or how to do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by breebutner
How do you install ispci? i tried sudo-apt get install ispci but it did not work.
It's lspci not ispci.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Wireless issues in Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint Gloria on my PC. I have ADSL broadband connection which require login and pswd connection to connect. I have SmartAX MT841 modem which has wireless card free with it. I also have recently purchased DELL inspiron 1545 machine which have Vista preinstalled in it. Now I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: budtuxy
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Mint Wireless Help (Gateway 600)

Hi, I have successfully installed the latest Linux Mint for the very first time on an old (2001) Gateway 600 laptop. I still have my old Windows XP on this too. I cannot figure out how to get the wireless connection to work (to connect to my home router). I have tried installing my only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
5 Replies

3. Debian

Linux Mint 16

I use linux mint 16 and I'm new to live ux. what should I know? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
IWSPY(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  IWSPY(8)

NAME
iwspy - Get wireless statistics from specific nodes SYNOPSIS
iwspy interface iwspy interface [+] DNSNAME | IPADDR | HWADDR [...] iwspy interface off DESCRIPTION
Iwspy is used to set a list of addresses in a wireless network interface and to read back quality of link information for each of those. This information is the same as the one available in /proc/net/wireless : quality of the link, signal strength and noise level. This information is updated each time a new packet is received, so each address of the list add some overhead in the driver. Note the this functionality work only for node part of the current wireless cells. PARAMETERS
You may set any number of addresses up to 8. DNSNAME | IPADDR Set an IP address, or in some cases a DNS name (using the name resolver). As the hardware work with hardware addresses, iwspy will translate this IP address through ARP. In some case, this address might not be in the ARP cache and iwspy will fail. In those case, ping(8) this name/address and retry. HWADDR Set a hardware (MAC) address (this address is not translated & checked like the IP one). The address must contain a colon (:) to be recognised as a hardware address. + Add the new set of addresses at the end of the current list instead of replacing it. The address list is unique for each device, so each user should use this option to avoid conflicts. off Remove the current list of addresses and disable the spy functionality FILES
/proc/net/wireless SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), ifconfig(8), iwlist(8). iwpriv(8). net-tools 31 October 1996 IWSPY(8)