Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Can not get wireless to register in linux mint? Post 302528688 by Corona688 on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 05:25:08 PM
Old 06-07-2011
what does lspci show you? what do you see in dmesg?
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Wireless issues in Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint Gloria on my PC. I have ADSL broadband connection which require login and pswd connection to connect. I have SmartAX MT841 modem which has wireless card free with it. I also have recently purchased DELL inspiron 1545 machine which have Vista preinstalled in it. Now I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: budtuxy
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Mint Wireless Help (Gateway 600)

Hi, I have successfully installed the latest Linux Mint for the very first time on an old (2001) Gateway 600 laptop. I still have my old Windows XP on this too. I cannot figure out how to get the wireless connection to work (to connect to my home router). I have tried installing my only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
5 Replies

3. Debian

Linux Mint 16

I use linux mint 16 and I'm new to live ux. what should I know? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
IFCFG(5)						       Network configuration							  IFCFG(5)

NAME
ifcfg-wireless - wireless LAN network interface configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan-* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-type-wlan GENERAL
Wireless networks need some additional configuration data compared to ethernet ones. Therefore additional variables for ifcfg files were introduced. All wireless LAN specific variables are described in the ifcfg template file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg.template. It is pos- sible to configure more than one wireless network accepted for association. To achieve this add suffix _1 to all wireless variables for the second network, _2 for the this, and so on. Example: WIRELESS_ESSID_1="second_net" You can have up to ten wireless networks configured. Some wireless variables are not applicable to a single wireless network but are global to the interface. The description of the variable points this out. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Michal Svec <msvec@suse.cz> -- ifup script Bjoern Jacke -- ifup script Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@suse.de> -- ifup manual page Michal Ludvig <mludvig@suse.cz> -- tunnel support Joachim Gleissner <jg@suse.de> -- wireless support SEE ALSO
ifup(8). sysconfig December 2005 IFCFG(5)