Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Processes, Threads, scheduling header files Post 302528662 by Loic Domaigne on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 04:05:54 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
Process creation is handled by execve(2). See fs/exec.c and follow the breadcrumbs.
fork+execve are both needed to create a new process.

Cheers, Loïc

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File access from multiple processes or threads?

Hi, Can anyone give me any idea when multiple processes access a file (like opening it, modifying it etc.) how can the synchronization can be done if they can access the same file at any time? How can this scenario is different from when multiple threads access a same file, modifying it etc- in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files in Multiple Threads

Hello all, I have a directory of files of varying sizes. I want to copy all these files in n number of threads to another directory such that each copy set is more or less the same size. Example : Say /mydirA It has around say 23 files of various sizes. Number of copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine?

I have a machine which has 32 processor but i am really not sure how many threads are running. It has hyperthreading enabled. Is there a way i can find that all 32 processors are being used and how many threads are there in my linux box. Its a 64 bit processor. I am having very high load average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for processes in Linux

I want to check processes on my Linux server Normally we do a ps-ef|grep "search code" Now we want to check for certain processes which are up and running and we want to get an email, whenever the processes we are checking goes down? How can i implement this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?