Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem with email mailman in Ubuntu Post 302528643 by DGPickett on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 02:58:23 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Can you send it with mailx? Might be outside.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Dial up problem with ubuntu

My current hardware config is: Processor 1.85 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache HDS722540VLAT20 (41.17 GB) -- C BENQ DVD DD DW1650 -- E JLMS XJ-HD166S -- D 3.5" format removeable media -- A Main Circuit Board Board:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

2. Programming

problem with eclipse in ubuntu

hello I did install eclipse in ubuntu when I run it its gives me the following message The custom VM you have chosen is not a valid executable. I don't now how to fix it could you please help me with that Problem Solved Thanks All (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Driver problem with Ubuntu 10.10

I have a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 10.10 installed in it. The headphone driver is not supportive in my system but it works really well with other laptops like HP. So my question is that does Ubuntu 10.10 in Dell does not work? Moreover, if i upgrade my system later with 11.04, will the problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
8 Replies

4. Solaris

mailman installation error during make install

I have problem installing mailman 2.5 onto Solaris10 sparc. During make instal, the error message I got is as follows. .././install-sh -c -m 755 mailman /usr/local/mailman/scripts .././install-sh -c -m 644 sitelist.cfg /var/mailman/data if ; \ then \ rm -rf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchoe
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Send Email from command line in Ubuntu 11.10

Have problem to send email from command line according to the posts like this one: To have the ability to send email from the command line, you will need to install the mailutils and postfix packages with the following commands. apt-get install mailutils apt-get install postfix Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NR awk problem on Ubuntu

awk 'NR> 92239 && NR<= 92279' /usr/appplications/access.log is there a reason why the above command isn't working on kubuntu? when i run it, i get nothing back. just the prompt. i should see the lines OS: 3.8.0-19-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP and yes, there are over 92279 lines in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Email not working on Ubuntu

Hello, I 'm getting following error in my mail log for the email i 'm sending to outside domain. Not able to figure out what is the issue. Can anyone please help me on this. wrong answer on RCPT TO "550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxx@microsoft.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive562
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to Build an Email Server on Ubuntu Linux?

hi there ! how SSH into my Ubuntu server to Build or Send an Email? is it true to use iRedMail? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fns4565
1 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)