Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Audit problem : A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Post 302528622 by thecobra151 on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 02:13:29 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Something out that direction. stop before start.
you mean to stop the audit and start it agine after maybe it works

i try this but the error still happend

---------- Post updated at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:06 PM ----------

thanks man i try it agine and its work now

after i kill every thing and restart them its work hep hep hurray

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem in system call

Dear Friends, I write a c program to list the directories recursively. For this I write a function called my_readdir to read the content of directory. For this I use read system call it returns -1, then I use readdir system call it gives comment terminated error or segmentation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spmlingam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding Error message: A test command parameter is not valid

Hi I am getting few messages when trying to run my script from the following lines in the script if test then // SomeCode fi The messages are as follows: testing.sh: OBLIGOR_GROUP_ID: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid. testing.sh:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
5 Replies

3. AIX

problem in msgctl() system call

Hi, i am using IBM P6 server and OS is AIX 5.3. my code is written in c/pro C. i am facing problem in msgctl() system call.The variables msg_qbytes and msg_cbytes are used to store total no of bytes and current no of bytes in a QUEUE,but it is showing me as ZERO though data are there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with signal handler and interrupted system call

Hi, I have a daq program that runs in an infinite loop until it receives SIGINT. A handler catches the signal and sets a flag to stop the while loop. After the loop some things have to be cleaned up. The problem is that I want my main while loop to wait until the next full second begins, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeckel
2 Replies

5. Linux

system call problem

hi, where can I find the detail information about the syscall in binary instructions of linux/mips. for example, in linux/mips: li v0, 4140 syscall it's a syacall of "lseek" , but how can I find that which registers will be used in this syscall , and the meaning of the arguments in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in read() system call in Xenomai-2.4

Dear All, I am having problem with read() system call in Blocking Mode. In my driver interrupt intimation done through RT FIFO. so i have created the RT FIFO and open the FIFO using open() system call with O_RDONLY flag and i am waiting for interrupt using read() blocking call.initally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with execution of fork system call if i use \n

hi all, i tried the following source codes: fork1.c: main() { printf("demo of fork\n"); fork(); printf("hello"); } output: demo of fork hello hello fork2.c: main() (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnirmala
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid

Hello, Getting error "A test command parameter is not valid" when trying to run the code below under /sbin/sh AA = "12:00" CHK=$(date +"%H:%M") if then print "Yes" fi Getting 2 errors: 1) "AA: not found" 2) "Specify a parameter with this command" Thanks, IS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schureki
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid, when special characters are tried to match

Hi I have a scenario where hyphen(-) from file should be ignored I used the following code if && ; then if ; then pow=$LINE echo $pow > history.txt flag=1 fi fi I get the following output ./valid.sh: -: 0403-012 A test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies
audit(1M)																 audit(1M)

NAME
audit - control the behavior of the audit daemon SYNOPSIS
audit -n | -s | -t | -v [path] The audit command is the system administrator's interface to maintaining the audit trail. The audit daemon can be notified to read the con- tents of the audit_control(4) file and re-initialize the current audit directory to the first directory listed in the audit_control file or to open a new audit file in the current audit directory specified in the audit_control file, as last read by the audit daemon. Reading audit_control also causes the minfree and plugin configuration lines to be re-read and reset within auditd. The audit daemon can also be signaled to close the audit trail and disable auditing. -n Notify the audit daemon to close the current audit file and open a new audit file in the current audit directory. -s Notify the audit daemon to read the audit control file. The audit daemon stores the information internally. If the audit daemon is not running but audit has been enabled by means of bsmconv(1M), the audit daemon is started. -t Direct the audit daemon to close the current audit trail file, disable auditing, and die. Use -s to restart auditing. -v path Verify the syntax for the audit control file stored in path. The audit command displays an approval message or outputs specific error messages for each error found. The audit command will exit with 0 upon success and a positive integer upon failure. /etc/security/audit_user /etc/security/audit_control See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ bsmconv(1M), praudit(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit_user(4), attributes(5) The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. The audit command does not modify a process's preselection mask. It functions are limited to the following: o affects which audit directories are used for audit data storage; o specifies the minimum free space setting; o resets the parameters supplied by means of the plugin directive. For the -s option, audit validates the audit_control syntax and displays an error message if a syntax error is found. If a syntax error message is displayed, the audit daemon does not re-read audit_control. Because audit_control is processed at boot time, the -v option is provided to allow syntax checking of an edited copy of audit_control. Using -v, audit exits with 0 if the syntax is correct; otherwise, it returns a positive integer. The -v option can be used in any zone, but the -t, -s, and -n options are valid only in local zones and, then, only if the perzone audit policy is set. See auditd(1M) and auditconfig(1M) for per-zone audit configuration. 25 May 2004 audit(1M)