Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ftp access without shell access Post 302528534 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 10:52:54 AM
Old 06-07-2011
@Vit0_Corleone

yes that's true but the user is still able to traverse any file system and read other directories if it's a member of the default staff group , i want to restrict the user to a specific directory in other words don't read any other directory but his own

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP user access

I created a user which I would like to have access only to FTP. I am able to get FTP to the machine with that user, but I only want him to have access to two directories, and no shell access. How can I accomplish this? Thanx, Aaron (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Access

How to restrict ftp user to move to the parent directory of his home directory. Any suggestions will be appreciated. O.S Sun solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP access

Folks; I'm working on building ACL for our Solaris 10 box. I'm going to use LDAP for authentication. We have a mounted drive on that server & users would like to be able to write to it. We need to restrict the write access to that mounted drive on the box to be only through FTP, so if they... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
13 Replies

5. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH shell script to access FTP over explicit TLS/SSL

Hello, I use the following SSH script to upload *.jpg files via FTP: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout -1 spawn ftp -v -i expect "" send "\r" expect "Password:" send "\r" expect "ftp>" send "mput *.jpg\r" expect "ftp>" send "quit\r" replaced with actual ftp server/account data. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpi007
5 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
getfacl(1)							   User Commands							getfacl(1)

NAME
getfacl - display discretionary file information SYNOPSIS
getfacl [-ad] file... DESCRIPTION
For each argument that is a regular file, special file, or named pipe, the getfacl utility displays the owner, the group, and the Access Control List (ACL). For each directory argument, getfacl displays the owner, the group, and the ACL and/or the default ACL. Only directo- ries contain default ACLs. The getfacl utility may be executed on a file system that does not support ACLs. It reports the ACL based on the base permission bits. With no options specified, getfacl displays the filename, the file owner, the file group owner, and both the ACL and the default ACL, if it exists. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Displays the filename, the file owner, the file group owner, and the ACL of the file. -d Displays the filename, the file owner, the file group owner, and the default ACL of the file, if it exists. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file The path name of a regular file, special file, or named pipe. OUTPUT
The format for ACL output is as follows: # file: filename # owner: uid # group: gid user::perm user:uid:perm group::perm group:gid:perm mask:perm other:perm default:user::perm default:user:uid:perm default:group::perm default:group:gid:perm default:mask:perm default:other:perm When multiple files are specified on the command line, a blank line separates the ACLs for each file. The ACL entries are displayed in the order in which they are evaluated when an access check is performed. The default ACL entries that may exist on a directory have no effect on access checks. The first three lines display the filename, the file owner, and the file group owner. Notice that when only the -d option is specified and the file has no default ACL, only these three lines are displayed. The user entry without a user ID indicates the permissions that are granted to the file owner. One or more additional user entries indi- cate the permissions that are granted to the specified users. The group entry without a group ID indicates the permissions that are granted to the file group owner. One or more additional group entries indicate the permissions that are granted to the specified groups. The mask entry indicates the ACL mask permissions. These are the maximum permissions allowed to any user entries except the file owner, and to any group entries, including the file group owner. These permissions restrict the permissions specified in other entries. The other entry indicates the permissions that are granted to others. The default entries may exist only for directories. These entries indicate the default entries that are added to a file created within the directory. The uid is a login name or a user ID if there is no entry for the uid in the system password file, /etc/passwd. The gid is a group name or a group ID if there is no entry for the gid in the system group file, /etc/group. The perm is a three character string composed of the let- ters representing the separate discretionary access rights: r (read), w (write), x (execute/search), or the place holder character -. The perm is displayed in the following order: rwx. If a permission is not granted by an ACL entry, the place holder character appears. If you use the chmod(1) command to change the file group owner permissions on a file with ACL entries, both the file group owner permis- sions and the ACL mask are changed to the new permissions. Be aware that the new ACL mask permissions may change the effective permissions for additional users and groups who have ACL entries on the file. In order to indicate that the ACL mask restricts an ACL entry, getfacl displays an additional tab character, pound sign (#), and the actual permissions granted, following the entry. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying file information Given file foo, with an ACL six entries long, the command host% getfacl foo would print: # file: foo # owner: shea # group: staff user::rwx user:spy:--- user:mookie:r-- group::r-- mask::rw- other::--- Example 2: Displaying information after chmod command Continue with the above example, after chmod 700 foo was issued: host% getfacl foo would print: # file: foo # owner: shea # group: staff user::rwx user:spy:--- user:mookie:r-- #effective:--- group::--- mask::--- other::--- Example 3: Displaying information when ACL contains default entries Given directory doo, with an ACL containing default entries, the command host% getfacl -d doo would print: # file: doo # owner: shea # group: staff default:user::rwx default:user:spy:--- default:user:mookie:r-- default:group::r-- default:mask::--- default:other::--- FILES
/etc/passwd system password file /etc/group group file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chmod(1), ls(1), setfacl(1), acl(2), aclsort(3SEC), group(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The output from getfacl is in the correct format for input to the setfacl -f command. If the output from getfacl is redirected to a file, the file may be used as input to setfacl. In this way, a user may easily assign one file's ACL to another file. SunOS 5.10 5 Nov 1994 getfacl(1)