Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux vncserver gnome display error Post 302528532 by DGPickett on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 10:51:08 AM
Old 06-07-2011
Well, under all that apple gui is a UNIX. Some of the online fixes looked at versions that had hardwired config file locations. The problem is that bonobo did not launch, and it needs a config file or so.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Display program running on CDE via GNOME

Hi All, I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to use vncserver and vncviewer?

hello, I have two fedora 8 systems connected in LAN. I have typed "vncserver" on one terminal; gave a password. Then went to the next terminal and typed "vncviewer".It asked me for host server.I gave the IP address of the above system.But it prompted that "server not found". I tried "ping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
4 Replies

4. BSD

error when GNOME start-up

Salamo Alikom when gnome start up after 2 or 3 minuts i got this MSG : Error activating XKB configuration. It can happen under various circumstances: - a bug in libxklavier library - a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities) - X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation X... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFE
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

vncserver

Hi, I am trying to install vncserver on a fedora system. I am wondering how can i get the vncserver rpm to install. I am not having it in the yum repository. (by the way is vncserver free ?) How could i download the rpm and install it ? Please advice me on this. Thanks in advance! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
12 Replies

6. Ubuntu

VNCserver not working?

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the vncserver on my Ubuntu server 10.04.2. # vncserver :1 A VNC server is already running as :1 # ps -ef | grep vnc root 2944 1683 0 13:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto vnc I think I have got all the necessary binaries (below) but when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

VNCSERVER Install

Hi All, Just wondering if someone can help me out here: Wanted to install vnc server on Centos 6, yum installed tigervnc but there after I do not see any services associated with it. Also, I had installed SAMBA and proceeded with SWAT installation but I am unable to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2z1982
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. Linux

Vncserver NOT working

Hi all, I received following messages while trying to run vncserver, what could be reason behind this. vncserver Warning: system1.pen.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 Remove this file if there is no X server system1.pen.com:1 Warning: system1.pen.com:2 is taken because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
NPM-CONFIG(1)                                                                                                                        NPM-CONFIG(1)

NAME
npm-config - Manage the npm configuration files SYNOPSIS
npm config set <key> <value> [-g|--global] npm config get <key> npm config delete <key> npm config list [-l] [--json] npm config edit npm get <key> npm set <key> <value> [-g|--global] aliases: c DESCRIPTION
npm gets its config settings from the command line, environment variables, npmrc files, and in some cases, the package.json file. See npm help 5 npmrc for more information about the npmrc files. See npm help 7 npm-config for a more thorough discussion of the mechanisms involved. The npm config command can be used to update and edit the contents of the user and global npmrc files. Sub-commands Config supports the following sub-commands: set npm config set key value Sets the config key to the value. If value is omitted, then it sets it to "true". get npm config get key Echo the config value to stdout. list npm config list Show all the config settings. Use -l to also show defaults. Use --json to show the settings in json format. delete npm config delete key Deletes the key from all configuration files. edit npm config edit Opens the config file in an editor. Use the --global flag to edit the global config. SEE ALSO
o npm help 5 folders o npm help 7 config o npm help 5 package.json o npm help 5 npmrc o npm help npm January 2019 NPM-CONFIG(1)