Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris IP filter ?
Operating Systems Solaris solaris IP filter ? Post 302528369 by tonijel on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 04:16:19 AM
Old 06-07-2011
solaris IP filter ?

Hello,
i have Solaris 10,
is it possible to somehow limit remote access, via ssh for example ,
for only specific IP adresses , so when someone with IP that is not
allowed can't connect via putty or something like that ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail filter

Hello, I want to make a filter with procmail, using the day of the week ant the hour to filter the message. If the day is Tuesday, the message is redirected to one address. On the other days, the message goes to another address. The messages will be redirected at 8 am to 17 pm. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter using awk

Hi, I need to filter the output of a command and display omitting the first 6 lines and the last two lines..How can i do this using awk. command | awk ' NR > 7' will omitt the first 6 lines but dont know how to omit the last two lines.. can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_st
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk filter

People, Ive been trying to make a script but i just cant figure it out. Problem/ Case: I have a logfile.txt that contains data. The only two things i need to filter on = $1 (date), $6 (errorcode). In the script i am trying to make, u need to fill in a date. So he searches on that date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pow3R
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter Alphanumerics

Hi all, Can you please let me know how to achieve the below thing AAABBCC@#$W123 123@#$DFG<>. Output: AAABBCW123 123DFG i.e I want to filer only alphanumerics from the strings (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus_kosaman
4 Replies

5. Linux

filter data

hi all, here is my question. i have the following data Block 1 a b c d e f g h i Block 2 j k l m n o p q r i need to grep all information from block 1 i.e 'a to i' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yprudent
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter

Hi I have a file containing the below lines 1010001001639 1010001001789 1020001001927 1030001001928 1040001002033 1200001002609 1200001003481 1200001004935 I need to filter lines that starts with 101. It would be of great help if its in awk. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me to filter a file

I want to view a file ignoring mutilple comment line (/*....*/). Please help me on this. Advance thanks.:b: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradipta Kumar
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Filter columns in text file and adding new column

Hello, I am very now to this, hope you can help, I am looking into editing a file in Solaris, with dinamic collums (lenght varies) and I need 2 things to be made, the fist is to filter the first column and third column from the file bellow file.txt, and create a new file with the 2 filtered... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpbastos
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the filter output?

Hey, I'm using some sensors that can be read by http. If I run following command: curl -v 'http://192.168.111.23:8080/sensor/52f5c63cc4221fbbedcb499908a0a823?version=1.0&interval=minute&unit=watt&callback=realtime' I'm getting: I would like to put this now in a sheet with only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)