Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from config file and use it in perl program Post 302528343 by ni2 on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 03:38:22 AM
Old 06-07-2011
Have a look at Config::IniFiles as well.

Config::IniFiles - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to read from multiple files

Hi, I need to generate a test data file by reading inputs from multiple files. A sample pseudo code for this program to read from three files and write to a output file would be like: open(OUTPUTFILE, "data"); open(INFILE1, "data1"); open(INFILE2, "data2"); open(INFILE3, "data3"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

HI I have a config file (ip.config)that has the following fields with colon as delimeter. yahoo.com:1919 ( host and port number) rediffmail.com:2020 gmail.com:2121 How to read it in a perl script. I need to parse the host and port number in the perl script using split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable from config file

how to read the variable from config file eg: a.cfg below config file config file which contain a=`hostname` b=250 a.sh is shell script echo "$a and $b" if i run "a.sh 1.cfg" it works but when i declare N number of variable it wont works.. can u please suggest for that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a config file.

Hello All, I have a config file which has the following data : export DBCHECKSUM001="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum001.cfg" export DBCHECKSUM002="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum002.cfg" export DBCHECKSUM003="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum003.cfg" export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server mode(Active... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

8. Programming

Read arguments from a config file in C

Hello everybody, I'm coding a program in C and i'm getting troubles with this. I need to read a config file and store the arguments into individual variables, let's say the config file looks like the following: #This is the configuration file... 192.168.0.1 A1:B1:C1:D1:E1:F1 192.168.0.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable indivdually from config file

how to read the variable indivdually ( line by line ) in shell script eg : i have the config file where contain cat /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf node.txt node2.txt node3.txt i need to run script like /home/user01/ilap/exe/run.sh /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Data from Config file using Perl

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me how to read data from config file in Perl. Suppose i have a config file named cfile. The data in config file is name=parth lname=mittal user=2007 hostname=fluoride username=parthmittal password=XXXXXX account=unix url=www.unix.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
ExtUtils::Config(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       ExtUtils::Config(3)

NAME
ExtUtils::Config - A wrapper for perl's configuration VERSION
version 0.007 SYNOPSIS
my $config = ExtUtils::Config->new(); $config->set('installsitelib', "$ENV{HOME}/lib"); DESCRIPTION
ExtUtils::Config is an abstraction around the %Config hash. METHODS
new(\%config) Create a new ExtUtils::Config object. The values in "\%config" are used to initialize the object. get($key) Get the value of $key. If not overriden it will return the value in %Config. exists($key) Tests for the existence of $key. set($key, $value) Set/override the value of $key to $value. clear($key) Reset the value of $key to its original value. values_set() Get a hashref of all overridden values. all_config() Get a hashref of the complete configuration, including overrides. clone() Clone the current configuration object. serialize() This method serializes the object to some kind of string. AUTHORS
o Ken Williams <kwilliams@cpan.org> o Leon Timmermans <leont@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Ken Williams, Leon Timmermans. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-10-17 ExtUtils::Config(3)