Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove line feed from csv file column Post 302528305 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 01:16:41 AM
Old 06-07-2011
Code:
use Text::CSV;  

my $csv = Text::CSV->new({binary=>1});  

#NOTE: Replace input.txt with your actual filename  
open(my $in, "<input.txt") or die "input: $!\n";  

#NOTE: Replace output.txt with the name you want for your new file  
open(my $out, ">output.txt") or die "output: $!\n";  

while(my $colref = $csv->getline ($in)) {  
        s/[\r\n]//g foreach (@$colref);  
        $csv->combine(@$colref);  
        print $out $csv->string . "\n";  
}  
close($in);  
close($out);

Reference : How to remove all CR/LF from a line except last one? : Database Export, Perl, Remove CR and LF

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script-remove line feed

hi all, i have csv file with three comma separated columns i/p file First_Name, Address, Last_Name XXX, "456 New albany \n newyork, Unitedstates \n 45322-33", YYY\n ZZZ, "654 rifle park \n toronto, canada \n 43L-w3b", RRR\n is there any way i can remove \n (newline) from the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowrish
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED remove line feed and add to certain area

Hi All, I have a xml file and requirement is to remove the line feed and add line feed after some element. <?xml version="1.0" ?> <AUDITRECORDS> <CARF> <HED> <VN1>20090616010622</VN1> <VN2>0</VN2> <VN3>1090</VN3> <VN4>CONFIG_DATA</VN4> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP header text/csv unwanted line feed character

We have successfully created a comma delimited file, the results are correct from an sql database query. When using the following headers to print the file using print $data, an extra line feed is added and a blank row appears on the top of the data in Excel: header("Expires: 0"); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifimbres
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, My requirement is to remove line (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove line feed

Hi, I've this file: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, I need to remove the line feed LF every 3 row. 1,2,3, 4,5,6, Thanks in advance, Alfredo (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove a line feed depending on number of tabs in a line

Hi! I have been struggling with a large file that has stray end of line characters. I am working on a Mac (Lion). I mention this only because I have been mucking around with fixing my problem using sed, and I have learned far more than I wanted to know about Unix and Mac eol characters. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user999991
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed in data

Please use code tags for sample data Hi I have a file where there are line feeds in the data. I am not able to read the file from an application. I exported this data from Access database and many columns contain line feed. My data looks like this abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop abcd,ef... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
7 Replies
MONGOIMPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOIMPORT(1)

NAME
mongoimport - the Mongo import tool SYNOPSIS
mongoimport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoimport is a tool to import a MongoDB collection from JSON, CSV, or TSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to input can be given. OPTIONS --help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use (some commands) --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance -v, --verbose be more verbose (include multiple times for more verbosity e.g. -vvvvv) -f, --fields NAMES comma separated list of field names e.g. -f name,age --fieldFile FILE file with fields names - 1 per line --jsonArray load a json array, not one item per line. Currently limited to 4MB. --ignoreBlanks if given, empty fields in csv and tsv will be ignored --type TYPE type of file to import. default: json (json,csv,tsv) --file FILE file to import from; if not specified stdin is used --drop drop collection first --headerline CSV,TSV only - use first line as headers COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen January 2010 MONGOIMPORT(1)