Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change part of filenames in a bulk way Post 302528128 by DGPickett on Monday 6th of June 2011 12:37:58 PM
Old 06-06-2011
Code:
ls sp* | sed '
  s/\(.*\)t1overt2\(.*\)/mv & \1t2overt1\2/
 ' | sh

This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping a part of filenames

Hi , I have a list of files in a directory and filename format is as follows: PQ223390 PQ876912 PQ768901 PQ398140 and so on I want to grep the first four digits of all the files after PQ, into a file. Ex: 2233 8769 6890 3981 and so on Can anyone tell me the command? thankx jazz (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best practice for bulk multi-part mail

Hi, I am currently building a PHP/MySQL database that handles our offices newsletters. Now everything works great in the alpha with only a few names in the list, but I anticipate that once we fill it up (around 10,000) that this will not work from the PHP. I already have the script echo the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: begin23
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames in a directory

I have a directory of files and each file has a random 5 digit string at the beginning that needs to be removed. Plus, there are some files that will be identically named after the 5 digit string is removed and I want those eliminated or moved. any ideas? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumb
17 Replies

4. Solaris

Change passwd for bulk servers using SSH script

Hi, I need to Change passwd for bulk servers using SSH script. I have one server, from which i can reach all the servers without password via SSH. There is some expect script, from which i can achieve it. Can any one help me out here. Thanks in advance. Vicky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickyingle5
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filenames change in a directory

Hi I have abc_ahb_one.v abc_ahb_two.v abc_ahb_three.v ........l like this -----upto abc_ahb_ninety.v in some directory. I need to change those file names to like below. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneethk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change all filenames under different folders...

Hi, all: I'd love to use shell script to change all filenames under different folders once for all: I've got over 100 folders, in each of them, there is a file named "a.ppm". I wanna change all these "a.ppm" to "b.ppm", and still . Visually, the directory structure looks like: and hope... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change filenames but not extension

I have a filename with a bunch of periods that I want to replace with underscores, but I don't want to change the extension. Ex: I want file.test1.f-1.fig.eps to be file_test1_f-1_fig.eps Using awk, the following line will replace ALL periods with underscores, but I want to leave the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinbot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Filenames by replacing a part

Hi, I have little experience on Shell scripts, I searched the forum but couldn't make out what I want. I want to rename a set of files to a new file name a_b_20100101 c_d_20100101 ....................... ...................... I want to rename the files to a_b_20140101... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaisonJ
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change filenames recursively

Hello, I made a mistake in a script and now need to go back and change allot of filenames. I need to change "v4" in filenames to "v3". I was thinking of something like this. #!/bin/bash FILELIST=$(ls -f -R *) for FILE in $FILELIST do # create new filename ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bulk NIS Users Password Change

Hi All, I am having Solaris 5.10 acting as NIS. How do i change multiple user password in NIS in a batch. I have predefined users with their passwords to be set: Example: user1 password1 user2 password2 Pls advise. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogajwa
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)