Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove line feed from csv file column Post 302528119 by r_t_1601 on Monday 6th of June 2011 12:29:19 PM
Old 06-06-2011
Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All,

My requirement is to remove line

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script-remove line feed

hi all, i have csv file with three comma separated columns i/p file First_Name, Address, Last_Name XXX, "456 New albany \n newyork, Unitedstates \n 45322-33", YYY\n ZZZ, "654 rifle park \n toronto, canada \n 43L-w3b", RRR\n is there any way i can remove \n (newline) from the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowrish
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED remove line feed and add to certain area

Hi All, I have a xml file and requirement is to remove the line feed and add line feed after some element. <?xml version="1.0" ?> <AUDITRECORDS> <CARF> <HED> <VN1>20090616010622</VN1> <VN2>0</VN2> <VN3>1090</VN3> <VN4>CONFIG_DATA</VN4> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP header text/csv unwanted line feed character

We have successfully created a comma delimited file, the results are correct from an sql database query. When using the following headers to print the file using print $data, an extra line feed is added and a blank row appears on the top of the data in Excel: header("Expires: 0"); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifimbres
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed from csv file column

Hi All, i have a csv file . In the 7th column i have data that has line feed in it. Requirement is to remove the line feed from the 7th column whenever it appears There are 11 columns in the file C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,C10,C11 The value in C7 contains line feed ( Alt + Enter ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove line feed

Hi, I've this file: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, I need to remove the line feed LF every 3 row. 1,2,3, 4,5,6, Thanks in advance, Alfredo (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove a line feed depending on number of tabs in a line

Hi! I have been struggling with a large file that has stray end of line characters. I am working on a Mac (Lion). I mention this only because I have been mucking around with fixing my problem using sed, and I have learned far more than I wanted to know about Unix and Mac eol characters. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user999991
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line feed in data

Please use code tags for sample data Hi I have a file where there are line feeds in the data. I am not able to read the file from an application. I exported this data from Access database and many columns contain line feed. My data looks like this abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop abcd,ef... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
7 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD