Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot create user using SMITTY Post 302528070 by thecobra151 on Monday 6th of June 2011 11:19:43 AM
Old 06-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn_
stupid question but you are running smitty as root, right?

yes i am

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smitty, remove user, remove directory as well..

hi, i am on aix. i used smitty to remove a user.. but then found that its directory still exists.... so i have to remove the directory manually... am i doing it the right way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I create user but i cant login the user i created.

I created a user, i login as a root. I add him in the group where he can access and login as a root! I checked it in users' list and in group's list, he is there. My problem is this, I cant login using the username/account I just created! What should i do to use and login the user/account i've just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
5 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb with smitty

Hello I need to make a mksysb, I try with smitty but I get the next message 0512-017 mksysb: Cannot write to the device /dev/rmt3. Either write protected or in use. My tape are ready to write ( dont get protection) I use the clean tape and I try with other tapes but I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

5. AIX

Sudo and smitty

Hello everyone I have a question. Its possible to type smitty mksysb using sudo ? I have a partition and install sudo I create a user for use sudo. I make a test with sudo and command line for the mksysb and its ok sudo mksysb -i /dev/rmt0 and I can make my mksysb. My question... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Create New User with the same group nd privileges of the other user

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to duplicate privileges and group for useroradb01 to userrootdb01. I have currently using "useroradb01" and create a newly user "userrootdb01". I want both in the sames privileges and group. Please see the existing users list below; drwxr-xr-x 53 useroradb01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

8. AIX

Usage of smitty alt_mksysb

Hello, in which situations should I use smitty alt_mksysb ? What is the general purpose of this tool. Thanks for help, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a User exist if not create user

What I'm trying to do is write a script in Perl to find a user and if that user exist it would print "User Exist, Pls Try Again". If The user doesn't exist I'm able to create a user with a password. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoBoyGo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smitty

Hi All, Im new in aix, anyone can advice is there any way to understand smitty ?:confused: Thanks. TCP. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcp01315
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)